Esteemed Contributor

Re: Anyone still using Travelocity, Priceline, Kayak or the like? Experiences?

I use trip advisor site to get recommendations/read reviews, then book directly. I know people who are not fussy/picky about where they stay and found deals thru some of those sites.

I guess I fall into the picky category, because after one fail, I was done with budget sites. It's not a bargain to me if the place is unclean, feels unsafe or there are issues with the reservation.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone still using Travelocity, Priceline, Kayak or the like? Experiences?

We really only travel once a year to the same place.  I book hotel (one night) and a car for the week through Hotwire and never had a problem.  I book our main hotel accommodations directly with the hotel.  I don't think they're on any of the travel sites anyways.  I'll never book airline through Hotwire again though.  One minor change in flight time and Hotwire claimed they had to rebook my entire itenerary.  When I book directly through the airline, they just send me an E-mail telling me the new time, which invariably happens every year.