Super Contributor

Re: Anyone know the Charleston, SC area?

@Biancawrote:

Thank you so much ladies. I'll definitely check these all out. Had a tumor removed from head & as soon as I get the all clear to fly, I'll be on beach,p with a drink in my hand & my toes in the sand.

LuvMyBichon, that's what I'm afraid of, I may not want to come back to the craziness & stress of NY! 9 more years until I can retire...I just need to pace myself. Smiley Happy

@Bianca.

I hear you!!  I live in central NJ and although its not as bad here as it was in north Jersey where I grew up, its getting nutzy.  Lots of people here now are just rude and crude. It's a beautiful area and when we first came herer 25 years ago, it was truly serene.  Not so much now.  Anyway, Happy Vacation to you and a speedy recovery!!

Smiley Happy 

Frequent Contributor

I just wanted to thank you all for your help and well wishes. 

I actually booked the Tides on Folly Beach and the flights but am having second thoughts about the hotel. I did read it was newly renovated but read a couple of recent reviews that have me concerned. I already booked flights so I'm definitely going, just not sure about the hotel. Not many "hotel" options on the beach. 

I really wanted to stay on Kiawah but the Kiawah Resort was $605 per night. 

Super Contributor

How about Myrtle Beach? Lots of beach, sand hotels, restaurants. and bars.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bianca - You can also try Isle of Palms - they have a beautiful beach and resort area. Keep in mind August is very hot/humid.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bianca- not only is August hot and humid, it's also the beginning of hurricane season.

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal - Actually, hurricane season starts June 1. However, the threat of hurricanes increases in Sept. because the water is so warm.

Frequent Contributor

I went to Myrtle Beach in the 80's and it was nice. NY gets humid in August too, FL is even worse...I guess you can't get away from the humidity in August.

Now you guys got me thinking hurricane season. LOL!! 

Frequent Contributor

I was checking that out too and saw the Wild Dunes Resort.

I can't believe there's just the one "hotel" on Folly Beach and its pet friendly. I love animals, had dogs and cats my whole life, but people posted pics with their dogs in the bed. I don't mind a dog in the bed but not in a hotel bed.

I need to rethink this trip. We don't want to rent a car. Do you know if restaurants, shopping, etc is in walking distance on Isle of Palm or you need a car? Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bianca - If you are staying at Wild Dunes you will need a car. Can't remember if they have any place to eat right on the premises but you can look it up I'm sure.