Honored Contributor

Anyone here been to Nashville?

Hubby and I are planning a Road Trip to Either Nashville, or Louisville....Not sure which.....So just curious if anyone has been?

Thanks!  P.S. We were in Louisville just for short time for a Chruch Convention two years ago, and we really liked it, and thought maybe we should go back and spend more time there, but then my husband said well Nashville is supposed to be really fun too.....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone here been to Nashville?

Never been to Louisville, but I loved Nashville!

Honored Contributor

Been to Nashville when I was a teenager.

We went to Grand Ole Opry. We also went to Lookout Mountain, Ruby Falls in Chattanooga.

Frequent Contributor

Nashville is a great city.  There are tons and tons of restaurants and of course live music everywhere!!  I was suprised at how many people are out and about during the work week walking to all the restaurants, shops, entertainment venues, etc.  People of all ages. And these places are packed everynight.  We took Uber everywhere from our hotel so we didn't have to worry about parking and being unfamilar with downtown.  The only "touristy" thing we did was visit the Country Music Hall of Fame which was interesting.  I'm really not a country music fan but it was where the group went.  One thing for sure, you won't be bored in Nashville.

Frequent Contributor

I lived in Nashville.   Pretty sure you will love it.  Lots to do and don't forget Opry Mills for shopping for anything.  The town of Franklin on the outskirts is nice too with great restaurants.  I hope you two have a fun time!

Super Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN, I used to live about 40 miles south of Nashville and now live about 150 miles from there. Nashville is a great city to visit. Opryland Hotel is a beautiful hotel to visit (you don’t have to stay there). Downtown is usually pretty busy and a lot to see and hear. Franklin, TN is about 20 miles south and is a very pretty small town with a lot of history. Leiper’s Fork is a quaint little village just to the west of Franklin. Traffic can be busy but I suppose that’s the case no matter wher you go. Bicentennial Mall is very interesting and next to the Farmer’s Market (it’s not a shopping mall). Have fun, wherever you choose. 

Honored Contributor

@Toot1920 wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN, I used to live about 40 miles south of Nashville and now live about 150 miles from there. Nashville is a great city to visit. Opryland Hotel is a beautiful hotel to visit (you don’t have to stay there). Downtown is usually pretty busy and a lot to see and hear. Franklin, TN is about 20 miles south and is a very pretty small town with a lot of history. Leiper’s Fork is a quaint little village just to the west of Franklin. Traffic can be busy but I suppose that’s the case no matter wher you go. Bicentennial Mall is very interesting and next to the Farmer’s Market (it’s not a shopping mall). Have fun, wherever you choose. 

@Toot1920 . Thanks so much! It looks like there is lots to do, but busy! I would probably really love Franklin.....

Honored Contributor

@Halidon wrote:

I lived in Nashville.   Pretty sure you will love it.  Lots to do and don't forget Opry Mills for shopping for anything.  The town of Franklin on the outskirts is nice too with great restaurants.  I hope you two have a fun time!

@Halidon . Thank-you. Looks like I will definitely be visiting Franklin as well.....

Honored Contributor

@Pancho wrote:

Nashville is a great city.  There are tons and tons of restaurants and of course live music everywhere!!  I was suprised at how many people are out and about during the work week walking to all the restaurants, shops, entertainment venues, etc.  People of all ages. And these places are packed everynight.  We took Uber everywhere from our hotel so we didn't have to worry about parking and being unfamilar with downtown.  The only "touristy" thing we did was visit the Country Music Hall of Fame which was interesting.  I'm really not a country music fan but it was where the group went.  One thing for sure, you won't be bored in Nashville.

@Pancho . Thanks and that is good to know about Uber too, even though we will have a car, we wouldn't have to worry about the parking and all of those headaches......

Honored Contributor

I loved my trip to Nashville.

I stayed at the Gaylord Opry and took day bus tours right from the hotel and back.  

I also rented a car and went to Hurricane Mills to see Loretta Lynn's place and then to the Jack Daniels Distillary.

Lots of fun.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN