Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone Planning a Fun Summer Vacation?

My DH and I just decided that we needed to get out of Tampa, heading to the Fl. Panhandle which we never go to.  First stop is Tallahassee, to visit museums, gardens, etc.  Luckily, college will be out by than, hotels will be easier to find.   Than into Panhandle have not decided yet where we will be going.  Flying by the sit of our pants.

Then in Aug. we will be taking Viking, to the upper Mississippi River.  We have been all over the world but not so much in that part of our country.   Looking forward to both outings. 

Trusted Contributor

Not summer, but spring.

My first trip is supposed to be "work related".  After 2 previous postponements, I am leaving Saturday, April 9, for Italy.  I'm chaperoning a high school trip with 27 students, ages 14 to 18.  This is with the school where I was secretary to the Principal for 12 years.  We are flying into Rome, going to Florence and then taking an overnight ferry to Athens.  We will explore the northern part of Greece.  

We return Easter Monday.  This is my first time flying, and chaperoning, in 3 years so I'm a little nervous.  The senior class were freshmen when I retired, so I won't really know the students.  

My second trip is in May with a different kind of senior.Woman LOL  I am taking a bus trip with a senior group that I belong to.  We are going to Savannah & Charleston for 7 days.  I have always wanted to see these 2 cities and so this is the best way to do it for me. 

And after that, the longest trip I'll make is from DE to NY to visit family and my adorable great niece.

Happy travelling!

Trusted Contributor

Yes, hopefully.  We are going in mid May for several weeks to Spain, Austria, and Germany.  I have not been to Europe in quite a few years and so am really looking forward to this trip God willing.