Super Contributor

Re: Anyone Planning a Fun Summer Vacation?

I'm braving the airlines and going to Branson. I've never been and it's on the list. Anyone have recommendations for their?

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty WEARING A MASK ON A PLANE WOULDNT STOP ME FROM TAKING A TRIP.IF I CAN WEAR ONE FOR OVER 2 YRS,I CAN WEAR 1 ON A PLANE

Respected Contributor

Wanted to go to Southern Utah at the end of May but the air fare jumped too high before I made my reservations.  Hoping to go at the end of August instead, right now the fares still look reasonable.

Going to Ann Arbor Michigan for a long weekend in July for their Art Festival.  I love it.  It covers their whole downtown, all the streets are blocked off.  I try to go every 5 years.

Would love to go somewhere warm for Thanksgiving, but again, it will depend on pricing....both air and car rental.  It's getting too expensive to leave the house.

@Kachina624what are your plans?

Honored Contributor

@Travone    No plans here.  I'm kind of tied down by two dogs plus I'm not ready to fly yet.  Would love to visit my sister in Philly.

Where are you going in Southern Utah?  It's one of my favorite places on earth but not many places with an airport.  I love the area around Moab.

That art festival sounds just like my cup of tea.  Too bad it's so far.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

I am a few years away from retirement and I  am  leaning towards the SW, but I don't know where yet.  I'm hoping to check out St George and also Mesquite NV this year. Looked at the Phoenix area last year,  it is off the list.  I want to go to Tucson next year.   I keep coming back to NM, would love Santa fe but don't know if I could afford what I want there.

If you ever find yourself near Michigan in July, you would love the art festival....lots of walking and can be very hot and humid. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Travone    I like NM because it has a nice climate, not extreme like Arizona and homes can be found in most price ranges.  Cost of living less than other places.  Good medical facilities and an infinite number of things to see and do.  We have many retirees in my area outside of Albuquerque with 2 senior centers and several 50+ communities

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

According to my husband, this year is either Tahiti or Fiji.  I wold rather go to Tahiti.  Maybe Fiji next year.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Contributor

We have no plans.  Maybe a ride up north to Vermont or New Hampshire but that's nothing new to us.  We can travel anywhere we want by Amtrak, haven't used our passes since covid hit.  Just not into the traveling anymore.    

Esteemed Contributor

Going to Tennessee this summer. We will be visiting Dollywood Park for the

first time. Excited to go somewhere and do something.

New Contributor

Of course, I'm thinking about going somewhere with friends, but no like actual plans. As we can see, a lot of things happen in the world, and I don't want to plan something in advace. Maybe we will have a trip somewhere in the country,or will go to a Europe for a week or two