Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone Changing Their Vacation Plans Because of the COVID-19 Virus?

I hope we won't have to; we have a trip to Ireland booked for May.  😐

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was planning on visiting family this spring, but have decided to delay my flight until at least summer since the virus is now on our soil. I am not overly cautious, because of the low probability of contracting it per the CDC, but will feel more comfortable once the proliferation or lack thereof, has been clearly established.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Just curious.

I don't have any vacation plans, but even if I did, I don't think that I would be changing them.

You?

I plan to stay home for now...don't want to be trapped somewhere.

Honored Contributor

Anyone that travels outside the US any time soon, is just asking for trouble IMO! 

Respected Contributor

My daughter's boyfriend is planning to go to Italy to study Italian but he is rethinking his plans. 

Respected Contributor

I would be reconsidering foreign travel. Might not be able to get back to the US very easily if exposed some how. I know business travel is being cut back on.

Esteemed Contributor

We are planning to fly to Hawaii in the Fall, and while it's not another country, it is an island and you either fly or cruise.  Haven't made flight reservations yet but we have the condo for two weeks (didn't get cancellation insurance)!

Honored Contributor

my daughter has been preparing to do a semster abroad in milan, beginning in late august. so far, no word yet if that will still be happening. her school is thinking of canceling that program there. not sure when she will know for sure. she has been pretty upset about it. not sure if she will have any other options other than staying home taking classes at her university.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

We are going to Disney World with my daughter's family in May...it is all paid for. I'm a little nervous, but still plan to go.

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

We are going to Disney World with my daughter's family in May...it is all paid for. I'm a little nervous, but still plan to go.

@Nataliesgramma   I was reading all the responses to this post because I also have plans in travel.  Going to Disney too with my daughter and 2 small kids.  Truthfully, I am a little nervous about the trip, but cancelling would be a major disappointment.   Unfortunately risk is related to everything we do today.  I have already bought hand sanitizer and lots of wet wipes.  I also travel with a pillow case.