Honored Contributor

I am so tempted to just go ahead and book the darn trip!  LOL  Talked to a couple people at work today.  One has gone on an Alaskan cruise the other has done a lot of cruises just not to Alaska - yet.  Both answered questions I had so that made me feel better.  You're right @Kachina624 at some point I need to do this as it has been on my bucket list for a long time now.  

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  There's one other possibility you might want to consider.  The State of Alaska runs a ferry service along the coast.  I don't recall where it starts and ends.  We saw the ferry and it was big.  It has food service and cabins like other ships.  They even allow frugal passengers to camp on the deck.  You can get off at any port, spend as much time there as you wish, then hop on the next ferry and continue your trip.  You have to make reservations well in advance.  If I was 25 again, it might be fun. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Thanks for letting me know and, like you, if I were 25 I would consider it.  Alas, I am not anywhere near 25!  HAHAHA