Respected Contributor

Forbes has an interesting article on what air travel will look like. 4 hour check in time, no food on plane, no baggage on plane, even a blood test before boarding. If you would like to read the article google Forbes air travel

Esteemed Contributor

I am thankful I've done a lot of traveling already.  Though I still plan on doing some I'm not sure of how this is all going to go, maybe start staying closer to home in the near future.

Like airport times and flying wasn't bad enough before all this....  

Frequent Contributor

WOW

4 hour lead time before flight, where are all the people going to be in the terminals?  No social distancing.  Sure mask will be required but how is that enforced.  

No carry on, check in only, good luck with that one.

More car travel in the future.

Respected Contributor

Yeah let's panic over what it "may" be like and what "could" happen.

Respected Contributor

That has to be one of the most poorly written, long on speculation and short on fact puff pieces that I've ever read. I can't believe Forbes published it. 

4 hour check-in? Ummm, most international departures already require a 3 hour check-in. And it's just a guess on the part of "some experts". 

Self check-in? That's been in use since long before anyone even knew about this virus. Same with bag drops, although that hasn't caught on quite so quickly. 

Automatic upgrades have already been temporarily turned off (thru 6/30 on most carriers)

In-flight service has already been temporarily discontinued. 

I could go on, but what's the point? People who actually travel will recognize this for the piece of poo that it is. People who don't travel - what difference does it make?

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

@FrostyBabe1  As somebody who has traveled extensively all over the world -- I have to disagree with you.  What difference does it make if some of these responses are temporarily in place already?  Do you really believe that they will not become permanent?  Look at the protocols put into place after 9/11.  Not only have they become permanent -- there are constantly new ones added.  I hope I am wrong -- but I cannot imagine that travel going forward will look anything like what we knew before.  We have a very close group of friends who have traveled as much as we have.  It pains me to say it -- but the common sentiment is that we are very glad we traveled as much as we did -- and if the reality becomes anything like the projections -- we are finished.

Respected Contributor

Blood test before boarding? Yeh I do not see that ever happening. That seems really invasive and dangerous for the person doing the testing. 
My husband travels internationally all year in his job. His boss has already told him no travel this year. Luckily he still has a job. 

Honored Contributor

@judy0330  Agree.  DH and I have been traveling for 40+ years and so glad we did.  I can honestly say there is nothing on my "bucket list" and while I would still like to travel by plane, that no longer may be an option.  We told ourselves no more long driving trips but we may have to change that strategy.

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50   Same here in terms of the bucket list.  We followed the advice to do what you can when you can.  We are very glad that we did -- and it sounds like you did the same.  

Respected Contributor

@Lali1  Dubai based airline Emirates has begun carrying out covid-19 rapid blood tests at the airport prior to flights (cnn travel)