Super Contributor

Re: ASHEVILLE NC SIGHTS

[ Edited ]

If you have time, you may want to travel down route 26 to the Hendersonville area. There is a beautiful brewery, Sierra Nevada Brewery ,

which if you call you may be able to take a tour. Even without a tour, it is a nice place to eat and sit outside to enjoy the sunshine. Also nearby is a winery called Burnshirt vineyards.  I haven't been there but hear it is nice and plan to go. Hendersonville has a cute downtown with shops. Also off of route 26 there is a china and dish store called Bloomfiellds. It has lots of dishes -- Fiestaware, Spode, Lenox.  

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Christmas decorations went up last weekend at Biltmore

Enjoy your visit, great time of year to go

You  know it will be chilly, right?

@Shanus

@software  Chilly for sure. I live in middle NC and frost expected tonite or tomorrow...will be packing my long johns (😜).  Had planned to go last month when weather more favorable,  but daughter made surprise visit from WA. Much better than any vacation. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shanus

@software  Chilly for sure. I live in middle NC and frost expected tonite or tomorrow...will be packing my long johns (😜).  Had planned to go last month when weather more favorable,  but daughter made surprise visit from WA. Much better than any vacation. 

Absolutely!

It wouldn't stop me either.

I couldn't remember where you are from, just wanted to mention it.

Some people think well NC is in the SOUTH it will be warm

Nope, not up in those mountains!

Enjoy your vacation.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@software wrote:

@Shanus

Absolutely!

It wouldn't stop me either.

I couldn't remember where you are from, just wanted to mention it.

Some people think well NC is in the SOUTH it will be warm

Nope, not up in those mountains!

Enjoy your vacation.

Thanks @software. I’m sure it’ll be nice to get away for a several days. 

Super Contributor

We are making a third visit to Asheville on our way to friends for Thanksgiving.

On our list will be a visit to the Biltmore estate.  We took the full tour last year and it was well worth it.  The gifts shops are quite nice too and I anxious to see it decorated for the holidays.   Drive a little further into the estate and there are some nice shops and restaurants to browse at the newer Biltmore village hotel complex. Wine tasting along with samples of crackers, jams, and other goodies.  There is also a little museum about the Biltmore that is worth a half hour visit.  They also have some farm animals and if the weather is nice, there is a fabulous paved walking trail.  

We found The Red Stag, Curate, The Admiral, and Tupelo Honey retsurants very nice.

if the weather is nice, a walk on The Appalachian Trail is enjoyable.  We only walked for an hour.  The views walking and driving there are very nice.  Google it.  Very interesting history.

We are staying at the Hayward Park hotel downtown.  We have not yet explored downtown and are looking forward to it.  If anyone knows of some downtown stops off the beaten path, please pass on.