Honored Contributor

Traveling to Asheville NC for 5 days. Anyone who has been there or lives there have suggestions for sights or restaurants?

I attended Pennland Art school for several classes over the years, but no time to explore the area.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  -  We always go the the Biltmore Estate and Winery, which will take an entire day to really explore.  The Biltmore Village is nice too and has cute shops and restaurants. We love the Grove Park Inn and it has wonderful dining.  You may want to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway too, the foliage may still be really pretty.  Check to see if any festivals are going on during your stay.  Have a fun trip!!!

Super Contributor

Hi, I live very close to Asheville......you must absolutely check out the Biltmore Estate just simply breathtaking and if you're a coffee lover enjoy a cup at the World Coffee Bar downtwon. 

Honored Contributor

Biltmore Estate. It was close to the Holidays so the Christmas Decorations were all up. So pretty. We went there & had a good time. It was really neat. The place is huge with many huge fireplaces inside. The largest I have ever seen. If you like wine you can do some wine tasting & buy some while there. We ate lunch while we were there. We spent the night there on the way to my dad's when he lived in NC. It's a beautiful area. Have Fun.

DH wants to go back. At some point we may do just that since my dad lives in SC now it's not really that far.

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Shanus  -  We always go the the Biltmore Estate and Winery, which will take an entire day to really explore.  The Biltmore Village is nice too and has cute shops and restaurants. We love the Grove Park Inn and it has wonderful dining.  You may want to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway too, the foliage may still be really pretty.  Check to see if any festivals are going on during your stay.  Have a fun trip!!!

@IlliniGirl88  Thanks for your suggestions. We have made reservations for spa day at the Grove Park, but staying elsewhere. The prices are over the top, just to sleep, since purchased by Omni.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Biltmore Estate. It was close to the Holidays so the Christmas Decorations were all up. So pretty. We went there & had a good time. It was really neat. The place is huge with many huge fireplaces inside. The largest I have ever seen. If you like wine you can do some wine tasting & buy some while there. We ate lunch while we were there. We spent the night there on the way to my dad's when he lived in NC. It's a beautiful area. Have Fun.

DH wants to go back. At some point we may do just that since my dad lives in SC now it's not really that far.

@Nightowlz  I did think I read that the decorations are up and the gingerbread houses/ village are a sight to see. Wine? I’m there.

Super Contributor

If you are going to be there over the weekend, check out Tupelo Honey for brunch its awesome. 

Honored Contributor

@Coopsmommy wrote:

If you are going to be there over the weekend, check out Tupelo Honey for brunch its awesome. 

@Coopsmommy  Read their unusual menu and love brussel sprouts, their specialty. Thanks. 

Honored Contributor

Christmas decorations went up last weekend at Biltmore

Enjoy your visit, great time of year to go

You  know it will be chilly, right?

@Shanus

Honored Contributor

We visited Ashville this past summer. Had a great time especially at the Biltmore. What a beautiful place.