Valued Contributor

@ninjawife @Biftu Thank you so much for your posts!

Honored Contributor

Add some Mucinex to that Sudafed.  I take both on a daily basis for Menier's Disease and I'm thinking it would help in flying situations for others.  

Occasional Contributor

I've had this issue for years.  After Googling, I always use EarPlanes, take a Sudafed before takeoff and spray with Afrin.  This was the recommendation.  The Ear Planes have saved my ears from the pressure.

Valued Contributor

@Ghearneen @depglass Thank you so much  for the suggestions!

Contributor

I have chronic ear pain everytime I fly.  I would try Earplanes, nasal spray, chewing gum and swallowing water if they let me have it upon takeoff and landing.

Respected Contributor

I have always had problems flying, not so much with pain but with my ears plugging up long after the flight.  Last 3 flights I tried EarPlanes.  They certainly help but not 100%.  One of my ears felt a bit plugged several weeks later.  The last few weeks I have noticed a slight hissing sound which I think may be the start of Tintinitis.  I pray it gets no worse. Now I wonder if it can be related to my ear problems when flying...

Esteemed Contributor

Re: AIRPLANE EAR PAIN

[ Edited ]

While I don't get the pain, after I land I cannot hear.  It is a waiting game... perhaps 15 or so minutes.  I have started to chew gum which helps  and  what really works is of all things nasal spray.  I carry it  and use it when I board the  plane.  So far so good.  

I forgot to add the nasal spray is called Afrin.  

Valued Contributor

@bonnieluThank you so much! I'll 

Valued Contributor

@bonnieluThank you so much!  I'll get some for the next time I fly!

Regular Contributor

tea&scones, I also have pain in my ears when flying.

My Dr. suggested one Sudafed a day for a week before flying. It has helped me. Hope it helps you.