Honored Contributor

Re: A Flight Attendant's Guide to Complaining Effectively

I am sorry but i can't read all this.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: A Flight Attendant's Guide to Complaining Effectively

[ Edited ]

I completely disregard ANY article that even hints at the possibility of getting an upgrade to first class by schmoozing ANY employee. In the real travel world, those upgrades go to "elite" members of the airline frequent flyer program (and occasionally someone being rebooked due to IROPS), and believe me, we monitor our position on the upgrade list like a hawk! I can't remember the last time I actually saw a flight depart with an empty seat in first.  Additionally, I know from speaking with FA's at two major airlines that they do not have any authority to upgrade passengers and can in fact be fired for doing so. If the gate agent who comes on board with the final paperwork when it's time to close the door tells them "13D is next on the upgrade list and 2A has misconnected", they can go move the pax in 13D, but they can't take it upon themselves to move people up. 13D will see that they were upgraded when they check their account, and if they don't actually get moved, the airline will certainly hear about it!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~