Regular Contributor

6 days in Vegas

[ Edited ]

We got an email from Frontier airlines with a good fare and my husband already had the week off, so we decided to fly out to Vegas to visit our daughters.  The older daughter who is a teacher was off in the evenings and the younger one had a 3 day gap in her work schedule so it was all good.  We also took our diabetic 10 y/o chihauhau with us again and she did just as well this time with the flying.

I purchased a Groupon for Hash House a Go Go, the Mob Museum, the Dome at the Container Park, and the "TANKED" workshop tour which is one my husband's favorite TV shows.  The girls used their house seats subscription to get us all free tickets to the Redneck Comedy Magic show at the Stratosphere.  

We also brought along Flat Stanley who was sent to us in FL  from a 1st grade relative in PA.  We took many pictures of him enjoying the sights of Vegas and his plane trip.  What a surprise that will be when we send him back to the classroom with his treasures and story of his travels.  

Since our daughters will most likely remain in Vegas, we started looking for a condo and hopefully will retire out there in about 6 years.  Until then the girls can rent it from us if the perfect condo becomes available before we are ready to move.

All in all it was a great week.  

Respected Contributor

That sounds like a nice trip. We flew out to Vegas early March after seeing a low priced airfare too.  It was just what we needed to cure the winter blues 😃.  We have some friends who “snowbird” nearby so met up with them one day.  It felt so good to be outside in the warm weather and sunshine for a few days!

Trusted Contributor

We went to Vegas last year and was able to see Celine Dion perfrom.  She is such an amazing performer.   I would like to go again and see Rod Stewart perform.

QVC Customer Care

@Miss Shelly   Next time you go you should look up "Desert Adventures" out of  Boulder City.  My husband and I have done two Kayak trips with them down Black River Canyon, they are wonderful.

Glad you had a wonderful visit!!

Susan Q-Social

Esteemed Contributor

We love Vegas and go 2-4 times yearly.  We gamble a little but mainly go for people watching and the food.  We especially love Baristas Hole in the Wall (Vegas institution with complete meals from $20-$40 including all the House wine you can drink).  Also love Lotus of Siam in Chinatown area.  We always find a new place or two to try each visit.

Regular Contributor

@itsmagic     Don't you just love it when a good opportunity comes along and you can take advantage ot it.   I've taught my girls to seize the moment when it comes along.  You can always make more money, but, can't get back lost time.

Regular Contributor

@CoffeeNut   I saw Celine a few years ago.  I agree she puts on a wonderful performance.   I've seen Rod in Vegas and in Tampa recently with Cyndi Lauper.  He is still one sexy guy.   We've seen Elton and Cher too.  That is one of reasons our daughters enjoy living in Vegas and would want to retire there.....everything comes to you eventually. 

Regular Contributor

@Susan-QVC     Though we aren't very adventurous, I will definitely pass the info onto my oldest daughter.  She is always looking for outdoor activities.

Regular Contributor

@patbz   We aren't gamblers either,  I believe we spent $40 on slots this trip.  There is so much to do and I agree people watching is definitely interesting Smiley Happy