Super Contributor

Re: 2020 travel plans (so far)

9 day tour of Ireland the last 2 weeks of September.  Can't wait!

Super Contributor

I am doing a Mediterranean cruise with a close friend and her husband in April/May.  I usually travel solo or join a tour with strangers so this will be a nice change!   PS.  I have never minded traveling solo or joining a tour on my own;  and have been fortunate to have visited many far flung corners of the globe.  I am a traveler who is part of an nontraveling extended family.

Esteemed Contributor

Love Tauck. Taking our ninth to Croatia this September & already booked number 10 to Ukraine, Russia & Finland for the following year.
Trusted Contributor

We have a trip booked for Ireland in May!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

Going to Paris the first week of May. My niece will be finishing her semester abroad there so my sister and her hushand along with my son and I are spending a week. This is my second visit to Paris so I plan to do a couple of side trips including Versaille and possibly Normandie and/or Champagne/wine regions. Booking an Airbnb in Le Marais and starting to get excited.

The coronavirus has put a slight damper on my niece's program - they have cancelled an excursion to Rome but she has travelled to Belgium, Germany and Austria with no issues.

Esteemed Contributor

We have two trips in May. My granddaughter is graduating from college in Florida and my grandson is getting married in Maryland. We're all booked with flights and hotel rooms, but I just read that United is canceliñg flights starting next month. My other concern is that the graduation ceremony is held indoors with many thousands of people in attendance. I have decided that whatever happens, I'll just take it in stride. No one can predict with any certainty exactly where we'll be in several months.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just received a Hopper notification that there was a good price for my July Paris flight and purchased on points today. I suppose I could have rolled the dice to see if price would come down to spur demand, but I think I would also have to worry about lesser inventory and a price increase too. Seemed like a decent price and probably couldn’t go down much more anyways (less than what I’ve previously paid for a flight to Europe).

Esteemed Contributor

Returning to Puerto Rico in April and then my third trip to Australia the first two weeks of July.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.