Esteemed Contributor

Re: 20 Secrets of Air Travel Only the Pros Know

Most of my luggage is standard colors (black, blue, red) so I bought cheap stencils and paint from Wal-Mart and stenciled our initials on both sides of each case.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

Most of my luggage is standard colors (black, blue, red) so I bought cheap stencils and paint from Wal-Mart and stenciled our initials on both sides of each case.

@patbz I do the same thing......butterflies; sometimes flowers. I put them on all four sides, so no matter how my luggage tumbles down the conveyor belt, I can spot it! Heart

Contributor

RE BlueTooth.    -    I have never found it to be a problem on flights.   You just have to either put your phone in Airplane mode first, and then just turn on BT,  or turn off just the DATA on your phone.

You may not be able to use it b4 cruising altitude,  but after that you are usually fine.

When to Use Bluetooth

If Bluetooth devices are permitted, there are specific rules that dictate when they can be used. You always are notified to power off any electronic devices before takeoff until the plane reaches a safe cruising altitude. This rule has been put into place to avoid unknown signals transmitted from devices that may disturb communication by the airplane. Likewise, Bluetooth devices must be turned off until cruising altitude, which will be indicated, for safe use. During takeoff and landing, these devices must be deactivated.

Respected Contributor

wrote:

RE BlueTooth.    -    I have never found it to be a problem on flights.   You just have to either put your phone in Airplane mode first, and then just turn on BT,  or turn off just the DATA on your phone.

You may not be able to use it b4 cruising altitude,  but after that you are usually fine.

When to Use Bluetooth

If Bluetooth devices are permitted, there are specific rules that dictate when they can be used. You always are notified to power off any electronic devices before takeoff until the plane reaches a safe cruising altitude. This rule has been put into place to avoid unknown signals transmitted from devices that may disturb communication by the airplane. Likewise, Bluetooth devices must be turned off until cruising altitude, which will be indicated, for safe use. During takeoff and landing, these devices must be deactivated.

My sister just flew and while in flight a text message from me popped up. She forgot to turn off her phone. This was in the US.

Trusted Contributor

@World Traveler,

Love your articles and now I have discovered that I travel like a pro.

Do almost everything from your list but I only drink water, planes dehydrate and drinking alcohol is not a good idea unless a cup of brandy relaxes those who do not like to fly🌻j’adore flying then water it is.

Respected Contributor

I used to have Airline specific credit cards...  what a pain.  I've had Capital One now for years and LOVE IT.  Make all my arrangements, take my trip, and then let them know if I want to use my points to pay off any of my travel expenses.  Would not go back to an airline specific card ever.  I also use so many different airlines...    no problem with my CO card and no such thing as black out periods.