Honored Contributor

✈️ *UPDATED* Internationl Travel Advisory.......👩🏾‍✈️

Coming soon from the State Department.  And it does not look good........

State Department Will List 80% Of Countries As ‘Do Not Travel’ In New Advisories

The shift will align COVID-19 travel advice from the Department of State with that from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“The COVID-19 pandemic continues to pose unprecedented risks to travelers,” the State Department said in a statement on Monday. “In light of those risks, the Department of State strongly recommends U.S. citizens reconsider all travel abroad.”

The State Department said the shift would result in a “significant increase” in the number of countries designed Level 4: Do Not Travel. Many countries are currently listed as Level 2 or Level 3, with travelers urged to “exercise increased caution” or “reconsider travel,” respectively.

The Associated Press notes that guidance will be released for each country individually over the coming week. It wasn’t immediately clear which countries would be given the highest travel advisory designation.

The warnings come amid signs of good news in the United States. The CDC says more than 132 million Americans have now received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine. That’s more than half of all adults in the country.

The CDC has warned travelers that even if they are fully vaccinated, there is still a risk that Americans could contract COVID-19, particularly with the rise of troubling new variants. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: ✈️ *UPDATED* Internationl Travel Advisory.......👩🏾‍✈️

They should also list the countries who don't want Americans visiting at this time!

Esteemed Contributor

I was supposed to travel to Australia in April of 2020. The trip was obviously cancelled. I am hoping to be able to go towards the end of 2022.

I love to travel and I really miss it. I hope Australia does not stop Americans from traveling to their country. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I was supposed to travel to Australia in April of 2020. The trip was obviously cancelled. I am hoping to be able to go towards the end of 2022.

I love to travel and I really miss it. I hope Australia does not stop Americans from traveling to their country. 

@icezeus  Seems as though half of Hollywood has gone over to to Australia.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

"The US State Department advises that travelers consult country-specific travel advisories via their website or consult the CDC's latest guidance. Before you make any international travel plans, **check these sites thoroughly."**

CNN travel website as well as many others has a list of all the countries that are "currently" allowing "Americans."

Viewing at a glance, Americans have to jump through hoops prior to entering certain countries as well as jumping through hoops in order to leave.  All at the Americans expense.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ   Isn't Austrialia the country Tom Hanks & wify got COVID?

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ   Isn't Austrialia the country Tom Hanks & wify got COVID?

@Mz iMac  I think they got it here and were diagnosed over there and then quarantined.

Frequent Contributor

Kind of ironic there is no advisory against the many w covid coming across the southern border

Honored Contributor

We have no plans for international travel until June of 2022.  In the meantime, we're traveling in the USA.

Esteemed Contributor

@icezeus I wouldn't be concerned about that.  Australia loves Americans and our money, LOL.  We too were supposed to travel to Portugal and do a river cruise on the Douro in March 2020, then moved to April 2021, now moved to October 2022.......oh well, it was supposed to be for my 60th in 2020 but I guess it will be for my 62nd Smiley Happy    Regardless, my travel agent says the "travel world" she lives in states that in 2022 most travel should be happening again.  Fingers crossed.