Esteemed Contributor

I like that it is thick...but I wish we could have white and multi on the same tree...and I wish the remote was not wired to the tree...I want to be able to have it over by my sofa where I sit....

Frequent Contributor

Re: who is buying the tsv tree

I should be asleep, but I stayed up for this presentation.  I need a new tree.  Mine is about 15 years old and is slowly falling apart.   I also wish the TSV had both clear and multi colored lights and was wider.

I guess my search continues for the perfect tree.  I really love the trees from Balsam Hill, but they come at a price.  I just don't know if any pre-lit tree will last as long as my old,  unlit, faithful fake tree!   

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm getting it. I've always had a live tree, but I leave it up too long and I'm tired of the carpet of needles that results. I also think that I've been developing an allergic reaction to the live tree because my sinuses get much worse when it gets set up. I hate to give up the live tree, but since I decorate the thing myself, I won't miss tottering on kitchen chairs to string the topmost lights.

Esteemed Contributor

Real tree vs sinus issues.  Oh man, can I relate to that!  A Christmas past - my hubby and I couldn't contain a runny nose and stuffed up.  It came on suddenly and putting 2 and 2 together - I decided to get that tree out of the house Christmas day - like immediately!   Opened the windows - got fresh air - and our sniffles disappeared.  Lots of bugs - eggs - spiders - pollen in those real trees.  Same goes for buring wood in the fireplace - we switched to a gas insert.  Real trees are very dirty even tho you can't see it.

Honored Contributor

@Longhorn Gal wrote:

I should be asleep, but I stayed up for this presentation.  I need a new tree.  Mine is about 15 years old and is slowly falling apart.   I also wish the TSV had both clear and multi colored lights and was wider.

I guess my search continues for the perfect tree.  I really love the trees from Balsam Hill, but they come at a price.  I just don't know if any pre-lit tree will last as long as my old,  unlit, faithful fake tree!   

A relative of mine ordered a tree last year from Balsam Hill.  It is beautiful.  This was her first artificial tree.  She always had a live tree but was tired of waiting for someone to go with her and help her get it. 

I went with a pre-lit a few years ago.  It was the one and only time I stood out in line on Black Friday to get something I wanted.  I only paid $75.00 for my treet.  I like it but I don't like it as well as my 25 year old fake tree.  I just got tired of putting the lights on.

I know too many people who spent a lot of money on pre-lit trees who ended up with sections of lights out after a year or 2, to spend a lot of money. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am still undecided if I want to spend that much money...or if I even want a tree....I live alone and I don't get company...the grands might show up once...do I want the aggravation of finding a place to store it the rest of the year...all those thoughts have been running through my mind since midnight....I would only be buying the five foot...in multi...

Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

A relative of mine ordered a tree last year from Balsam Hill.  It is beautiful.  This was her first artificial tree.  She always had a live tree but was tired of waiting for someone to go with her and help her get it. 

I went with a pre-lit a few years ago.  It was the one and only time I stood out in line on Black Friday to get something I wanted.  I only paid $75.00 for my treet.  I like it but I don't like it as well as my 25 year old fake tree.  I just got tired of putting the lights on.

I know too many people who spent a lot of money on pre-lit trees who ended up with sections of lights out after a year or 2, to spend a lot of money. 

@Lipstickdiva

The one thing holding me back from a pre-lit is fear of a section of lights going out because of something in the wiring.  That would be awful.  If I could find a great price like you did, it would be worth it though.  I may have to check around during Black Friday and see what I can find. 

Frequent Contributor

@Longhorn Gal wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva

The one thing holding me back from a pre-lit is fear of a section of lights going out because of something in the wiring.  That would be awful.  If I could find a great price like you did, it would be worth it though.  I may have to check around during Black Friday and see what I can find. 

We bought a pre-lit tree 3 years ago from Home Depot, and so far so good.  The lights are still working.  I really like it; it's so easy to put up and take down.  

Also, I was just wondering - is the TSV really a good price?  They look beautiful, but the prices seem high.  I can't remember what I paid for mine 3 years ago.  

Regular Contributor

I was looking at the artificial trees in Target today and they are less expensive but they really looked artificial to me; none of them appealed to me.  Granted the glaring overhead store lights don't do anything to set the Christmas mood, so that doesn't help. 

New Contributor

I'd love to buy one, but I guess they think nobody has high ceilings and would have enjoyed a tsv tree over 9'. Come on......most new homes today have very high ceiling in the main living area of the home. It's funny that the multi 9' was the first to sell out. They didn't have to bring in a ton but a thousand or so for us that want something like a 12' would have been really nice. I'm very disappointed!