Honored Contributor

She interrupts and talks over the hosts more than SG.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: vendor for barefoot dreams

Her name is Kari Michaelson.

She used to act and was on "Gimme a Break" back in the day.

Respected Contributor

that's called enthusiasm!!

Esteemed Contributor

She seems a little anxious, like she doesn't trust the host Jane T to say all the pertinent things before time runs out. It's not so bad that it reminds me of Graver though. She's watchable.
Honored Contributor

Kari would make a good QVC host, they wouldn't even have to train her.

Honored Contributor

The minute people start talking over each other I can't get to the TV changer quick enough.

As I've gotten old(er) my brain can't decipher who's saying what and I just get frustrated.

Talking over someone is (in my mind) saying "What I have to say is more important than what you have to say".

I have several pet peeves but that ranks up there to the top 3.  I can't stand people who are rude to each other.

I often watch FOX news.  They think they are doing the public a favor by having pros and cons but they have people who sit and talk over each other the entire interview, then the host can't shut up and interjects too.  That makes at least 3 people talking at the same time.  I immediately change the channel.

I do that with QVC and HSN all of the time.  Yesterday I hardly saw one TSV presentation because I had to keep changing the channel.

I think I'm overly sensitive to this because I taught my daughters NOT to do this, to listen.  Then somewhere I started doing it.  As adults, they reminded me (in a kind way) that I was doing it.  I took note and stopped interrupting.

It's an easy habit to get into.  It's also a very rude habit and if they'd pay attention to themselves they'd realize they lost their audience the minute they started talking over another.  But most of the time people are so wrapped up in getting THEIR message out, they ignore others.

It seems like these days so many people do this.  But why not?  It seems like the loudest get noticed; so I can see why some think it works.  Ugh!

We all know (without naming) who is the most guilty of the QVC hosts.  

It's embarrassing how much I order from QVC and HSN, but there are a few hosts when they're on, I won't even watch the show.

The news is so terrible these days I spend a lot of time trying to avoid it.  My friends tease me because I have QVC on the TV's so often.  I used to say, "People are happy and smiling....it's a nice atmosphere". 

But in recent years some have gotten so loud and talking over each other I try to find something else.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

that's called enthusiasm!!

i agree @Bhvbum.....i like her. she does a great job.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, to lift a point you made in your post upthread, I worked with a guy who expressed it in competitive terms. He told me that "the person who talks loudest-longest wins".

He, his family, and the people he associated with conduct themselves with that in mind.
I thought, Geez, that explains a lot of obnoxious behavior!
Honored Contributor

@x HedgeYes!  I know what you mean.  I think there are more and more people who think that way.

It's like...maybe they think 'if I wear them down by yelling' that's what it takes.  Ugh!

It gives me a headache.  I've actually fallen over the coffee table trying to get to the changer when these people start yelling at the same time!  Ha!

I often wonder why anyone has another person on if they're not going to let them talk.  I understand enthusiasm and am all for it, but ...... there's no excuse for rudeness.

Honored Contributor

I like her.  I think she does a great job.  I love her line.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"