Honored Contributor

JMO:

Is it my imagination or some of the "on air" pieces have terrible "hand painted" trims, etc.  Also, she was showing a bowl today and it looked a little "lopsided".  I know "Quality Assurance" can't open all the mass produced sealed boxes, but, in my opinion they could have picked better pieces to show!

Could be me because now that I'm collecting better quality pieces (i.e., Fiesta) perhaps I notice the flaws, although, I mix and match my Temptations with other pieces I have.

Esteemed Contributor

The 12 sets of dishes my sister bought from Temptations eventually had little chips or cracks within a year. She called and spoke with them and they said it was after the 30 day return policy.  That was a while ago but I will never give Temptations one cent.  After seeing Polish stoneware on Evine for collectors day there is a real difference in quality.   There are quality sets everywhere with a midrange price.

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

JMO:

Is it my imagination or some of the "on air" pieces have terrible "hand painted" trims, etc.  Also, she was showing a bowl today and it looked a little "lopsided".  I know "Quality Assurance" can't open all the mass produced sealed boxes, but, in my opinion they could have picked better pieces to show!

Could be me because now that I'm collecting better quality pieces (i.e., Fiesta) perhaps I notice the flaws, although, I mix and match my Temptations with other pieces I have.

So why are you still watching the shows?  It's been quite awhile since you started the Fiesta bandwagon.  

LOL, no offense to people who like the brand, I'm just not one of them.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I wish I understood how Temp-Tations pieces could be hand-painted.  Is there a loophole that allows Tara to use that description?

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

I wish I understood how Temp-Tations pieces could be hand-painted.  Is there a loophole that allows Tara to use that description?

Someone posted something about that quite awhile ago.  I can't remember any details unfortuantely.  Mine look handpainted, which I like, but I'd be embarrased to admit they were using a stamp or something.   There's always a loophole for everything.  Smiley Wink

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Hi Deb!  Are you the original Deb, just with a slightly different name?  Or does that not even make sense.  If you are, I have always read your posts.  I just wanted to establish that.  I don't see sig-lines so if the info is there I apologize in advance.

If you're not - welcome and no offense intended.  Smiley Happy   

As for the TSV - I have to say that, in all fairness, as much as they already have quality problems with this line of products, I would be willing to bet that it will be even worse when they have to crank out tens of thousands (or how ever many) of them for a TSV, so I'd beware based on that notion.

Respected Contributor
Everything about that line looks unattractive and cheap to me. Lol, I'd rather have the plain white pieces they keep showing as a more expensive comparison!
Honored Contributor

@debic

In case you don't realize it - I could change the channel and yes I watched to see what the TSV at midnight and price point was.  Anytime today I flicked over was the TSV.

As for fiesta and other brands, I didn't jump on any "bandwagon" as you say - in the last year I took interest in this excellent brand as I was gifted a few pieces. Nothing chipped, crazed, or broke in the oven as yet.

I don't bake in my Temptations but use them as complimentary pieces to other tableware I have. And for the record, I purchased a few pieces of Polish stoneware on Evine last week as a gift, I hope they are both functional and pretty.

The only point I was making in the post is I'd think that QVC would be presenting the best looking/"hand painted" pieces for display!

Respected Contributor

They are really pushing this. Only 25,000 sold at 9pm.

Frequent Contributor

glad you mentioned the bad irregular paint job on the trim.................I was waiting for someone to mention this, as I saw it this afternoon while they were going over the colors...............this stuff is such c_ _ p.