New Contributor
Accepted Solution

tried to cancel my tsv order

Once upon a time... we were encouraged to order an item,like the tsv, quickly by the show hosts because it  might sell out during the day.

They would say you can think about it for a few hours or until the end of day  and finally decide.

Not any more, your order, it's a done deal.  

If you try to cancel, if you are lucky it gets cancelled if not too bad you own it. 

The cancel option should say cancel (do you feel lucky).

Now do you send it back?? The q never loses.

Honored Contributor

Re: tried to cancel my tsv order

I don't react to the hype.

I buy when I want, not when the host or anyone else tells me to buy

Now you know

Trusted Contributor

@ck7 wrote:

Once upon a time... we were encouraged to order an item,like the tsv, quickly by the show hosts because it  might sell out during the day.

They would say you can think about it for a few hours or until the end of day  and finally decide.

Not any more, your order, it's a done deal.  

If you try to cancel, if you are lucky it gets cancelled if not too bad you own it. 

The cancel option should say cancel (do you feel lucky).

Now do you send it back?? The q never loses.

I don't get your point.  All those things are true.  It might sell out, you can think about it until the end of the day but if it sells out then you're out of luck.  Has nothing to do with ordering and cancelling.  If you order it then you ordered it.  One needs to make sure they want something if they put through an order. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ck7 I know what you mean. It just happened to me. I think some brands lock in earlier than others. In the past I have been able to cancel "In Process" items, but not lately. I know some people will say, why order it in the first place? But sometimes I am in the middle of somethig else, and I need to hold it until I can think about it more clearly. I'll be less likely to order in the future. And now I have to spend the money to return the item I couldn't cancel.

Honored Contributor

Decided before ordering anything give careful consideration to what it's for. Do I really need or what's the point. Here's one example....

Friday TSV Josie's...almost ordered more than once....held back.

Felt pleased with myself..nothing against JM just don't need all those items.

Same with everything in my life. Less stuff...keeps it simple. 

New Contributor

PLease don't judge.. My point  is the rules used to be you can cancel you order for any reason until the end of the day you ordered.  Apparently that is nolonger true.  You may want to cancel an order for many reasons. But you can't do that any longer.  Lesson learned.

New Contributor

tried to cancel my tsv order

PLease don't judge.. My point  is the rules used to be you can cancel you order for any reason until the end of the day you ordered.  Apparently that is nolonger true.  You may want to cancel an order for many reasons. But you can't do that any longer.  Lesson learned.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ck7

I don't think there was ever an official "rule" that allowed you to cancel until the end of the day.  I just think the system is different now.

Many people complained that orders weren't being processed and shipped quickly enough.  Now they complain, if they can't cancel an order before it ships.  QVC is damned if they do, damned if they don't, it seems to me.

However, if you have tried to cancel an order and it won't let you, contact CS (or the moderators on these boards) and they will note it on your account.  You can then return the item, if it ships, at no cost to you.  You will not be charged the return postage and your original S&H will be refunded.

Honored Contributor

My best guess is that you have about an hour to cancel, if you've changed your mind or decided you want a different color.  I've done this, with no problem.   

Occasional Contributor

I understand the high pressure to order before your shade or size runs out, or the color ot the item, but what i do is i put it in the cart but dont hit order until i know for sure.  i believe they let the item stay in your cart for one hour before they remove it,.  hope this helps