Frequent Contributor

tommy copper compression socks TSV

I just bought Legacy compression socks a couple months ago, but they basically have no compression.   Didn't bother to return them tho.....  Now I see this TSV for compression socks.    Can anyone tell me if they are true compression, or just thick socks?    How do they compare to Legacy?   And.....how does an ankle compression sock work?   Wouldn't that cut you off at the ankle?    Or maybe its just an arch compression????   Any info in helpful before I unload $30+ on something that I don't like.....THANKS!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: tommy copper compression socks TSV

[ Edited ]

Very good rating at Bed Bath and Beyond.  You can buy a single pair to try. 

Read the reviews there.

Bad rating on QVC.

Read the reviews there.  

Respected Contributor

I don't own Legacy or Tommy Copper compression socks so I can't speak about them. 

When I needed compression socks I ordered some from Amazon.  There is a lot to weed through.  I didn't want the crazy colors. I ordered 4 pair of gray knee length socks for around $10 and they work well for me.   Take a look and see if anything appeals to you.  HTH

Honored Contributor

I get them at Walmart.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.....I think I'll pick up a pair tomorrow and try them before the TSV day!  

Esteemed Contributor

@rozio , Costco sells them online.  I bought a set of two when I had foot issues and they worked well.  If you don’t like them, you can return.  LM

Trusted Contributor

@rozio   If you are talking about the ankle socks, I have those and while they help with the swelling in my feet, yes they do cut into the ankles.  I would like to wear knee highs but can't pull them up due to my arthritis.  With the short socks, I can at least get shoes on again.

Respected Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@rozio   If you are talking about the ankle socks, I have those and while they help with the swelling in my feet, yes they do cut into the ankles.  I would like to wear knee highs but can't pull them up due to my arthritis.  With the short socks, I can at least get shoes on again.

@grandma2pkmh  The Tommy Copper ones are light compression so you may be able to pull them up with a sock helper like below. I just searched for compression sock helper on Amazon. The first is $10.99 and called Vive Sock Aid and is an Amazon Choice product with 682 4.3 stars.

Vive Sock Aid - Easy On and Off Stocking Slider - Pulling Assist Device - Compression Sock Helper Aide Tool - Puller, Donner for Elderly, Senior, Pregnant, Diabetics - Pull Up Assistance Help

Jobst 110913 Stocking Donner 1 Each

Jobst 110913 in a different style than the first and is $24.54.  

There are many styles to choose from.  I get mild compression socks at WalMart called MedPeds or another brand I can't think of.  The MedPed ones are cheaper and nylon mostly.  They are thinner and good trouser socks.  I also get the other brand for $14 or so for moderate compression so they are harder to put on but not hard for this overweight nearly 40-year-old.  I also ordered a pack from Amazon by CharmKing for 7 pairs of 15-20mmHg in all black, but they do come in many colors for around $20.  They are great and come above my large calves.

Esteemed Contributor

I have worn Copper Fit for almost two years.  They wear like iron.

Respected Contributor

Walgreens sells them and they are a lot cheaper.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18