Valued Contributor

ok I have tried these beds and they are nice. but I cannot get saying a todays special as a five thousand dollar bed? that is just way out of line. many could not afford that if qvc buys in such big amounts why not make it much lower?

Honored Contributor

We bought a king Beautyrest from Macy's for about $1,000, very comfortable, best bed we've ever had.  I do not understand anyone spending that much money on anything without seeing it in person.

Esteemed Contributor

Adjustable beds are expensive. The modular tsv isn't that much.  

Respected Contributor

I had one of the original Sleep Number beds and when it was worn out and needing replaced I thought that heck, I don't need an adjustable bed as it's just me now in the bed since hubby died.

I bought a good mattress at a local mattress store.  I tested mattress after mattress in the store and settled on the one I found most comfortable.  Well, I gave that mattress a year and still couldn't get used to it.  2 years ago I finally gave it to my granddaughter and bought another sleep number bed and learned my lesson.  The cost for both the modular and the adjustable are really in line with higher end mattresses and frames.

Super Contributor

my first sleep number lasted 18 years. Just got a new one, $3000. Yearly cost is fine. Love the sleep quality!

Super Contributor

the split ones I didn't buy because people complained there is no way to get sheets and it tears them ??

Respected Contributor

We love our sleep number bed.  CS is second to none.  Looking to upgrade.  Does anyone know what this close to from the Sleep Number collection?  Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor

My parents bought a Sleep Number last year. They went to an actual Sleep Number store to do most of their research and tried out the beds there.

Final cost, including the adjustable split king bed, sheets, etc. was about $9k. They love it and said it was worth every penny.

They had seen Sleep Number beds offered on QVC before, but felt it would be best to buy something like this in person.

Respected Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

We love our sleep number bed.  CS is second to none.  Looking to upgrade.  Does anyone know what this close to from the Sleep Number collection?  Thanks in advance.

@brandiwine - I believe this TSV is closest to the i-series LE in the sleep number stores.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a SN bed for over 20 years and do love it.

Unfortunately, we moved our mattress to the king bed in our B&B and I replaced it with a cheap imitation of the SN bed.  After 3 years, I am sleeping in a trough and the company would not do anything about replacing the pillow top.  I was aggravated, but lesson learned.

I'm considering the TSV mattress today and was thinking seriously about the split king, but not sure. 

My original reason for buying SN was having to haul it upstairs to our bedroom.  A king mattress was near impossible to do. 

Since the SN comes in boxes, it made it very easy to get it up the steps.

In all honesty, some people buy them and hate them, but they work for me.

The comfort of a mattress is very personal, so I understand it is difficult to take a leap for such an expensive purchase.

But, I've missed having my mattress and sorry I bought something else.

They do have great CS.