Respected Contributor

Re: sick of these huge tops!

Many women say they just want to be comfortable. To me all that extra fabric is uncomfortable. I work hard to maintain my weight and I don't want to walk around in big shirts, tunics, boyfriend shirts, caftans, etc. QVC is constantly telling women to cover up and making them feel self-conscious about figure flaws that most of us have.

Valued Contributor

I would not mind a poncho, but most of the tops Qvc pushes in emails, or on the side by your cart, all cover guts and butts. They think their customers want to wear tents!!

Honored Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@apple1964 wrote:

These tunic tops do have there place... for instance with a pair of skinny jeans or a legging. I am a size X-small and I still pair the two to get the best balance. Shorter, skimpy tops do not look right with these pants I have mentioned. JMHO.

That's the ticket!  An X-small person looks a lot better in a loose tunic top with skinny pants, especially if tall...doesnt really work on a woman with, let's say a fuller figure.  

If it is comfy and cozy and easy to wear, would it really matter is you would look "better" in something else????  I think it would be fine to wear.

Respected Contributor

LRe: sick of these huge tops!

@SavvyChic wrote:

I would not mind a poncho, but most of the tops Qvc pushes in emails, or on the side by your cart, all cover guts and butts. They think their customers want to wear tents!!

So many of the tops shown do!  Also, look at today's TSV!!  this is MO but it's so how can I put it...nope, no easy way, unflattering and bad looking.  Believe me, I'm being kind with my bad self.

Valued Contributor

Re: LRe: sick of these huge tops!

I posted earlier today that I never see real women wearing these baggy ponchos, then tonight on the Bachelorette Jo-Jo was wearing one!   Not such a sloppy baggy one tho; it was just funny to see Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: LRe: sick of these huge tops!

This TSV was very big.  Little Amy was wearing the smallest size and claimed she liked to wear things this way.  I don't think so....

the smallest size would have been too big for me, and I probably weigh 20 pounds more than Amy. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

American women have been enculturated for generations to be obsessively focused on body size, and the intensity of that focus has resulted in subjective characterization of clothing as being "huge" and all kinds of other negatively tinged descriptors.

Two amazing choices are available to women who characterize clothing in this way-

1.) You may buy the smallest size available, or-

2.) You may choose not to buy at all!

Upon reflection, I'm thinking that if given the choice, I'd prefer to be "....sick of...." a fashion item than "...sick of...." something that requires hospitalization.

Honored Contributor

At 6'1", big boobs, short waist and being an Apple shape, I LOVE LOVE LOVE long tunics that are not form fitting.

LOVE!

Honored Contributor

Hate wearing a coat in the car. And that is why in the winter I like to wear a poncho. Especially over a sweater.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

Different strokes, Why is it wrong for Qvc to offer variety? To say this or that shouldn't be presented imo very wrong. Example, Mark Fisher TSV personally never would order, with that said wouldn't tell Qvc not to offer. Qvc gives us plenty of choices. Thanks Qvc!💜