Trusted Contributor

My mom & aunts were seamstresses.  It would be wonderful to have clothes manufacturing return to the US.  But I, have to agree, I don't think it will happen for a long time.

Just because you have a US vendor, doesn't mean their items are made in the US.  

I agree with Kachina about the complaints of the cost of the clothing on the Q.  Just think these people from Thailand, Viet Nam, China are probably making next to nothing for that garment and you are still paying $50+ for a Susan Graver top.  Are you willing to pay to support US union workers?  Where that $30 t shirt will cost at least double??  

I am.

Super Contributor

I agree with Kachina, clothes have no value here because it is easily affordable and replaceable. It is not so much in other countries. In Europe clothes is more expensive, in England it is almost double the cost here, in Russia people pay a lot of money compare to salary for clothing. 

Valued Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

My mom & aunts were seamstresses.  It would be wonderful to have clothes manufacturing return to the US.  But I, have to agree, I don't think it will happen for a long time.

Just because you have a US vendor, doesn't mean their items are made in the US.  

I agree with Kachina about the complaints of the cost of the clothing on the Q.  Just think these people from Thailand, Viet Nam, China are probably making next to nothing for that garment and you are still paying $50+ for a Susan Graver top.  Are you willing to pay to support US union workers?  Where that $30 t shirt will cost at least double??  

I am.

Sure, I would be happy to pay double to support American workers. I would have a much smaller, better & more appreciated wardrobe.

Respected Contributor

Re: "Gendel Girls"

[ Edited ]

@AvalonRose  Back in the day my mother worked in a dress (sweat) shop and never made a lot of money.  Of course clothes weren't that expensive then, but they weren't cheap, either and they were a better quality than the cr&* sold now.  Now, paying of $60+ dollars for an "imported" top is sad -- especially whey they're made overseas and those workers are getting paid hardly anything.  Who's making all the profit certainly not the workers.

Why do we need tops or pants in every color of the rainbow?  Same for shoes and purses.  Throw in kitchen items, too. We've gotten really greedy -- myself included.  Being "stuck in the house" hasn't been too bad for me.  I've discovered I don't need "that certain something". And I have more money in my pocket, too. There's plenty in my kitchen to eat and if there's something I don't have, I can do without.  The closet is another "waste land."  I see things in my closet with tags still attached.  Shame on me.  Yes, I do know people aren't as fortunate, but we all should be thankful for what we have.

ETA -- and don't forget those "gift closets."  They don't have to be stacked to the rafters.

When we're finally able to go out and shop, let's think of the American workers who must retain their jobs and try to purchase wisely.  It may cost a bit more, but American workers and business owners deserve our support. 

I hope and pray when this crisis is finally over, we remain thankful and kind to each other.  One can only hope!!!

Thanks for letting me rant

Trusted Contributor

Re: "Gendel Girls"

[ Edited ]

Is this the shaper that sags in all the wrong places?  What a bunch of junk.

Respected Contributor
Is there a line of women’s underwear made in this country?

Everyone says they want good produced in this country, but many people balk at the cost. American Giant produces clothes in the United States out of domestic raw materials. My son loves their hoodies. They’re wonderful quality, but they’re $100. Check out the comments of their social posts. The comments gussying about the cost far outnumber the ones praising the product and company.
Trusted Contributor

Let's wear a baggy, saggy thong up the backside cheap undies.

Esteemed Contributor

They never answer and only print imported.  Imported means China.

Respected Contributor

VERY few of their items have a good/decent review! I don't know why QVC continues to carry the line. 

Respected Contributor
The last Breezies bra I bought says made in Sri Lanka.