Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,707
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress


@Kachina624 wrote:

Big prints don't camouflage anything: they accentuate it and make it look bigger.  I think that's the problem with the TSV, all except the solid black have large loud plants or flowers.  The nature of those prints would give me pause.


@Kachina624  I agree.  I was plus-sized and have lost a lot of weight over the past year.  When I was larger, I thought prints would camouflage and I wore a lot of them.  Looking back at pictures, they definitely made me look larger.

 

Regarding the TSV dress, I think it will only look good on those who are slim, with no problem areas...and that definitely leaves me out.  There are those who feel comfortable wearing very fitted clothing, regardless of size.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,518
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress

dress not for me to "fit" for my shape (plus 1x).  But I'm thrilled I ordered SG TSV skort with matching top and I'm wearing it today - looks just like a dress only flowing vs fitted.

 

I love SG skorts!!!  You'd never know there was shorts underneath.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,580
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress


@Trudey wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Big prints don't camouflage anything: they accentuate it and make it look bigger.  I think that's the problem with the TSV, all except the solid black have large loud plants or flowers.  The nature of those prints would give me pause.


@Kachina624  I agree.  I was plus-sized and have lost a lot of weight over the past year.  When I was larger, I thought prints would camouflage and I wore a lot of them.  Looking back at pictures, they definitely made me look larger.

 

Regarding the TSV dress, I think it will only look good on those who are slim, with no problem areas...and that definitely leaves me out.  There are those who feel comfortable wearing very fitted clothing, regardless of size.


I totally disagree.  If you have lumps, bumps, dimpling, etc., a print hides those imperfections much better than a solid.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,527
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress


@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trudey wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Big prints don't camouflage anything: they accentuate it and make it look bigger.  I think that's the problem with the TSV, all except the solid black have large loud plants or flowers.  The nature of those prints would give me pause.


@Kachina624  I agree.  I was plus-sized and have lost a lot of weight over the past year.  When I was larger, I thought prints would camouflage and I wore a lot of them.  Looking back at pictures, they definitely made me look larger.

 

Regarding the TSV dress, I think it will only look good on those who are slim, with no problem areas...and that definitely leaves me out.  There are those who feel comfortable wearing very fitted clothing, regardless of size.


I totally disagree.  If you have lumps, bumps, dimpling, etc., a print hides those imperfections much better than a solid.

 

I have found that it depends on the print. With my body type a smaller-calmer-more neutral print works best for me.

I bought a border print top and it made my hips look twice as wide as they actually are.

I also like to keep things more monochromatic..I am 5'4" or maybe less ..I haven't gotten measured in years.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,707
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress


@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Trudey wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Big prints don't camouflage anything: they accentuate it and make it look bigger.  I think that's the problem with the TSV, all except the solid black have large loud plants or flowers.  The nature of those prints would give me pause.


@Kachina624  I agree.  I was plus-sized and have lost a lot of weight over the past year.  When I was larger, I thought prints would camouflage and I wore a lot of them.  Looking back at pictures, they definitely made me look larger.

 

Regarding the TSV dress, I think it will only look good on those who are slim, with no problem areas...and that definitely leaves me out.  There are those who feel comfortable wearing very fitted clothing, regardless of size.


I totally disagree.  If you have lumps, bumps, dimpling, etc., a print hides those imperfections much better than a solid.

 

 


@Lipstickdiva  I should have specified...I was referring to large prints.  I do think smaller, more sudued prints look nice on everyone.  We are all so different and should wear what we love.  I would probably wear head-to-toe black everyday if I could get away with it.  My husband recently said "You need to start wearing some bright floral prints again.  You wear too much black".  I gave him the "have you lost your mind" look.  LOL

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎04-06-2018

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress

Thank you EVERYONE for the helpful, polite suggestions.  I have decided NOT to order the dress.  For the following reasons.  I like it, do not love it.  I do not want to wear Spanx with this dress ( i do on occasion, just not for a casual dress).  I do not want to wear a jacket or additional layer ( too hot in South Carolina)...   I do like some of the prints and the sleeve length.  My other concern is the placement of the print.  With my luck, I would receive one with a flower on each breast and a leaf on the lower private area.  LOL.  Thank you again my QVC friends!!!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,631
Registered: ‎06-14-2016

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress

[ Edited ]

@Laura1960 wrote:

Thank you EVERYONE for the helpful, polite suggestions.  I have decided NOT to order the dress.  For the following reasons.  I like it, do not love it.  I do not want to wear Spanx with this dress ( i do on occasion, just not for a casual dress).  I do not want to wear a jacket or additional layer ( too hot in South Carolina)...   I do like some of the prints and the sleeve length.  My other concern is the placement of the print.  With my luck, I would receive one with a flower on each breast and a leaf on the lower private area.  LOL.  Thank you again my QVC friends!!!


Well Sister Laura1960, I fully understand.

 

I myself have not purchased items based on my need to wear spanx.  sometimes you JUST don't want to have to wear a spanx under your clothes.  I GET THAT 1000000%.  Well stay well.  Sun

 

My nickname is Sunshine...so I ended this message as Sun. 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 143
Registered: ‎03-10-2015

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress

I think you could do the black if the skin on your legs is nice. However I would sweat like a pig in all that polyester in NC!

 

I'd wait for a great dress in cotton. They will be coming in.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 15,070
Registered: ‎12-12-2017

Re: plus size girl in the Gili Jetsetter maxi dress

Sweetie, if you really want it, order it and try it on.  If you aren't pleased, send it back.  If it isn't becoming on plump tummy gals, they will be getting a lot of them back.  If your heart is set on it, give it a chance....SC