Esteemed Contributor

Re: philosphy pump problems on perfume

[ Edited ]

[Eye roll...] What company would make a pump bottle for a fragrance? Sounds Cray, Cray to me. That is like making a spray bottle for canned vegetables that would not work either.Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Rooney wrote:

I also have thrown out bottles or have tried to take the tops off with no luck.

Why would you throw them out?Woman Surprised I would send them back as defective. Perhaps, if there is a problem they will refund your money and change the pump to a spray for these  products.

Valued Contributor

@Rooney  is right.  Call or email Philosophy.  They replaced one of mine that stopped spraying.  I wasn't sure if I had purchased it or it was a gift but it didn't matter.

Contributor

My husband (who can fix anything) removed the sprayer with pliers and I poured the remains of my beloved Pure Grace into a spray bottle.  That's the best solution I have found.  I have many bottles of the Loves and Graces and there is always a dud in the bunch.

Super Contributor

I took a perfume bottle back to a Macy’s once for this reason and the woman behind the counter told me it had something to do with air in the bottle and to turn the bottle upside down and keep spraying that way until it sprays again. This works every time!! (It is awkward to spray upside down, though ☺️)
Honored Contributor

Thanks to you ladies who gave me hearts on my post.  You know I use every ounce of whatever I have.

Right now I have the Hydroshield moisturizer sitting in the bathroom upside down.  Then I swish it around (it pools on the sides).

Stuff is way too expensive to throw any of anything away!

I've cut open tubes of things to get out the part that's in the cap! 

I know it makes me sound cheap but I say, "Why not".  Right?

After I've sliced open a tube I close it back and go to it over and over until I've used every bit of it.  It's amazing how much is still left in those tubes.

But that Philosophy bottle where you can't get the 1/2 inch left of perfume because it's stopped pumping drives me crazy.

I try to remember to save pumps from other bottles of the same thing to switch out....but of course, you can't do that with Philosophy!

I have sitting on my dresser 2 or 3 bottles of Amazing Grace perfume that I can't bare to throw out, but it's stopped pumping....it just sits there....daring me ....daring me.  Ha!

I know some people have put it in a dresser drawer to give clothes a nice smell, be we all know that Philosophy perfume no longer holds it's scent.

I have an idea.  I'm going to go to Ulta and buy a bottle of Amazing Grace there just to see if there's any difference on how it holds it's scent.

I'm wondering if it's just the perfume we get from QVC or it's the same we buy from stores.

Most of what I buy is on easy pay because I don't need the thing (whatever 'it' is) so if 'it' isn't on easy pay, that's a sign I don't need 'it'.  Ha!  (Could you follow that sentence because I typed it and it made me dizzy typing "IT".  HA!

Anyway, stay tuned.  I remember I'd have people constantly asking me what I was wearing, that I smelled amazing.

I've told you guys about the time a nice looking man walked past me in a parking lot and then suddenly I heard, (paraphrasing), "Hello, Mam!" (he was running back up to me).  Then he said, "I was wondering what perfume you were wearing because you smell so good.  I'd like to get some for my wife".

It was Amazing Grace and it was back maybe 5 or so (maybe longer) years ago.

I would be in an elevator and people would tell me how wonderful I smelled.

Now, even I can't smell it on my clothes after I take off something...there's absolutely no smell on them.  You'd think it would have some residual smell...at least a little.

OK, I'll stop my rant and go back to eating my snow bowl.  Yes, I made myself another snow bowl (that's snow cone but in a big bowl).Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Yes, I have a 4 oz. spray bottle of Amazing Grace & can only get a dribble out of it. No more for me. The scent has changed since the company was sold. No more compliments on how good I smell. Don't waste your money!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Count me in as one with a defective sprayer.  It's from the last TSV set QVC had a few months ago.  It is beyond annoying, but I forget about it as soon as I'm out the door!  Thank you @SilleeMee for the suggestion about the argan oil, I'm going to try it tonight!

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~
Contributor

Contributor

I also am having problems with the gel pump.  The gel is so thick it is hard to pump and now my pump broke.  Called philosphy for replacement, they said they don't have them that QVC sells them.  QVC said to call Pholosphy. Then I called back QVC, they said the were out of stock and I would have to talk to a manager to get one.  

They said they were out of stock.  Not saying when they would get them in.  Now I am stuck with 2 large of gel and no pumps.  Any suggestions?