Contributor

philosphy pump problems on perfume

Has anyone experienced issues with the pumps on the 4oz perfumes?  Mine keeps getting stuck or will not pump at all.  I have to keep pulling up the "spray nozzle"?

Any suggestions on getting the pump to spray?

Honored Contributor

Re: philosphy pump problems on perfume

OMG!  Don't get me started.  I used to only wear Amazing Grace perfume.  So many compliments.

Now the smell lasts as long as it comes out of the bottle...that's it.

But also, like the poster said, the sprayer isn't worth 5 cents...they go all of the time.  Can't get into the bottle.  I've thrown out several bottles 1/2 to 1/4 full.  Can't do anything else with the stuff.  

Lately, I decided to just stop buying it.  My late husband used to buy me Channel No. 5 all of the time.  I didn't buy it because I felt guilty because it was too expensive..

But I'm going back to using it.  After all, it's only money, right?  And besides I don't have to throw a half full bottle away.

Respected Contributor

I am sorry you are having this problem.  There is definitely something wrong with the dispensers on their products.   I don't wear Philosophy perfume but the pump on their body washes is horrible.  They drip and run down the sides of the shower constantly.  I finally gave up and put them in an empty dish liquid bottle.  Not buying them anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know about Philosophy perfume bottles but I have another spray perfume where the pump gets stuck in the down position and then I have to pull it back up. PITA!  So what I did was put a drop of argan oil around the pump shaft to lubricate it a bit and that saved the day! Woman Very Happy

Contributor

Thank you I will try that

Contributor

I also have thrown out bottles or have tried to take the tops off with no luck.

Honored Contributor

I have the problem with Philosophy's spray bottles too.  I agree the scent doesn't last at all and is definitely not the same as when I began purchasing Philosophy.   When my supply is depleted, I'm done.

Trusted Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I am sorry you are having this problem.  There is definitely something wrong with the dispensers on their products.   I don't wear Philosophy perfume but the pump on their body washes is horrible.  They drip and run down the sides of the shower constantly.  I finally gave up and put them in an empty dish liquid bottle.  Not buying them anymore. 

Yes!!   I think the pump needs to be further out from the bottle, it’s so annoying🤪

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Valued Contributor

I emailed Philosophy about this problem and they called me, asked for a certain number on the bottle and sent me a new one. 

Super Contributor

@Rooney wrote:

Has anyone experienced issues with the pumps on the 4oz perfumes?  Mine keeps getting stuck or will not pump at all.  I have to keep pulling up the "spray nozzle"?

Any suggestions on getting the pump to spray?

I called the Philosophy company and told them I bought it on QVC.  They were very accomodating and sent me a new bottle.  Just call the company directly.