Occasional Contributor

orYANY Bags - Imported and Made in China

Would be nice if these bags were made in the USA. It's a NY based company. Same with the Dooney bags. They used to made in USA. Just think of all the jobs that could be created here in the US if QVC required the products they sell be made in the USA!

Frequent Contributor

Re: orYANY Bags - Imported and Made in China

It would be better to have things made in the USA but sometimes that is not possible. I noticed they cut short the TSV because no one was ordering. That Organy bag was ugly. I didn't like the color combinations.

Trusted Contributor

I like to buy products made in the US too, but these bags are already way too expensive. If they were made here they would cost three times as much at least.

To be honest I can't imagine why anyone would pay such ridiculous amounts for a handbag, no matter where it is made. I'm betting a lot of the buyers are buying something they can't afford and are only adding to their debt all to carry a bag that most people wouldn't even recognize (and that goes for D&B too) or even consider carrying.

Honored Contributor

You'd do well to support China too so they can continue to bail the US out of financial trouble.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

On 3/4/2014 Scotnovel said:

I like to buy products made in the US too, but these bags are already way too expensive. If they were made here they would cost three times as much at least.

To be honest I can't imagine why anyone would pay such ridiculous amounts for a handbag, no matter where it is made. I'm betting a lot of the buyers are buying something they can't afford and are only adding to their debt all to carry a bag that most people wouldn't even recognize (and that goes for D&B too) or even consider carrying.

And the wonderful thing is that those who do choose to spend what someone else might consider a "ridiculous" amount for a handbag need not answer or justify that decision to anyone else.

As for people buying things that they can't afford, that's a problem that is hardly limited to handbags or any one particular item. And yes of course people who have that problem would do well to recognize it and take steps to curb that behavior.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland