Contributor

i ordered the tsv but then read reviews on nutrisystem products offered & quickly canceled my order. so, is the food nasty? years ago i lost about 75lbs eating ww & lean cuisine frozen meals, so is the taste comparable to those? i really need the portion control aspect of some plan because i've been doing the wwpp thing 3 weeks & it's not working for me....

Honored Contributor
The Nutrisystem food is mostly canned food. It's not too bad for being what it is but they also include some bricks they call ""muffins"" and some breakfast stuff that is pretty bad. You are supposed to supplement with fresh fruits and veggies. I don't think it's a very satisfactory diet.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

A friend of mine has lost 26 lbs in 6 weeks on Nutrisystem. I'm going to give it a try. I'm 10 lbs from my goal and am at a plateau that will not end. I've lost 90 lbs from my highest weight in 2005 and I need all the help I can get to reach my final goal.

Honored Contributor

Is there a vegetarian selection? Are there a lot of artificial sweeteners used? Just wondering.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor
Whether the food tastes good or not, any plan that advocates "weekends off" is not focused on making healthy lifestyle changes.
Esteemed Contributor

I've been on NS twice (currently right now for the second time) and it just doesn't work for me. A couple of years ago I went on Jenny Craig and it worked much better. I was lazy and just didn't want to drive a half hour each way every week to weigh in on JC. IMO, the JC food is really good. NS not very good, which I'm thinking is why I cave and binge occasionally. That's probably why it isn't working for me. I can't seem to remain loyal on NS.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I have never tried the Nutrisystem foods, but friends have, and they hated it.

If you look, many stores have a 5 day plan for about $40-50, you could give that a try first. I saw it in Walmart around the holidays.

But I agree with the poster that said "weekends off" is not helping you focus on a healthy lifestyle. I lost 92 pounds over the last 10 months by just watching what I ate and eliminating a lot of salt..no prepared foods, and the only frozen items I ate were Lean Cuisine. If you don't watch what you eat every day, you will not lose the weight.

Contributor

For the weekends off, the point is to start making healthy choices on your own. Not to go hog-wild and negate everything from the week. I'm hoping the Fast Five really works - that is unfortunately, not available at Walmart. I'm also hoping that the "science" behind it will give me the proper combinations of protein, carbs, etc to get me off this plateau.

People need to realize that this is not a "miracle worker". You still need to use common sense and not cheat and exercise.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/4/2015 racecar31 said:

For the weekends off, the point is to start making healthy choices on your own. Not to go hog-wild and negate everything from the week. I'm hoping the Fast Five really works - that is unfortunately, not available at Walmart. I'm also hoping that the "science" behind it will give me the proper combinations of protein, carbs, etc to get me off this plateau.

People need to realize that this is not a "miracle worker". You still need to use common sense and not cheat and exercise.

I just opened my new weekly ad for Harris Teeter supermarkets, and they are showing it there. If anyone is near a store, I guess you can buy it there.

Respected Contributor

My issue with NS is that it is not "real world" eating, and when it comes time to transition back to eating regular food, it is very difficult. I'm sure NS tries to help with this issue, but in my opinion, the best way to lose weight is to eat healthy and eat less. Don't be in a rush, it took time to gain the weight and will take time to lose it.