Honored Contributor

Re: llamo TSV went to backorder

I'll wait for the pink. It's annoying though. QVC really messed up on this one. It's costing them a ton of money to have those all recalled and then shipped back out to us. That means higher shipping costs to ""us"" on other items to make up for it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Well, this just sounded "off" so I cancelled my order!

We did have pretty heavy rain on Saturday (11/1), I wonder if it caused a problem...

Either way, I'm moving on!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Valued Contributor

I received the same email. I am happy they are being proactive instead of reactive. However, let me share my Lands end story with you. A few years ago, I bought my son a pair of snow boots from Lands End. About two months after receiving the boots, I received a letter from Lands End stating the boots had a quality control issue with the zipper pull breaking off. I appreciated the fact that they were up front and honest about the problem. They gave me two options 1) upgrade to a better boot for free or 2) credit back to my credit card. Because of the inconvenience, the letter stated with either choice to continue using the boots or dispose of them. If we continue to use them, keep in mind the quality control issue. I was totally impressed with how they handled this. I realize mistakes can be made but, they went above and beyond to protect their brand and offer excellent service. I appreciated the 'free boots', more importantly, I appreciated their honesty. Some buyers planned on wearing their Lamos now and this problem has put them in a bind. Many of the retailers have already had their major boot sale and they have missed out on the sales. I would feel better about this if QVC was up front about the problem. Unless I know what the problem is, I will question the integrity of my boots. C'mon QVC, tell us what is going on. Being forthright with us might just prevent us from canceling our orders.
New Contributor

I for one would appreciate full disclosure on what is going on. I ordered 5 pairs (some for gifts) and am on the fence as to whether I should cancel them or not....

Long time customer....not a happy one... Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Since these boots are from China, maybe they used real animal fur like RAT or CAT as has been done in the past. Just a joke. I have a dog or two in this race. Uggs don't fit me, except for slippers and I've had to return a tsv lamo in the past. But the sequin topped lamos do fit extremely well and I have a few pairs. Wanting something without sequins, I ordered this tvs in two sizes, thinking, as in the past, neither might fit. So, I'll wait. So many were sold.
Contributor

I just received an email from customer service saying there is a problem with the packaging or product that does not meet their standards. I ordered the orange for a birthday gift on NOV. 18th!!! I hope the problem is corrected soon. I own a pair of LAMO boots myself, and they are great. I also own UGGS and the quality is just as good!!!!! Glad to see the problem is not just my order.

New Contributor

I ordered 2 pairs of the Lamo boots within the hour of them airing too, and went through the same process as everyone else! I don't know what's going on with QVC, but having major issues with orders, (especially TSV's) around the Holidays is just not good for business. I hope they work it out soon, because I still would like to have my boots.

Occasional Contributor

LAMO phone number 1-909-923-0600 I called them and they said QVC is recalling due to packaging issues. Everyone should call LAMO and demand a better reason not buying it
Super Contributor

Hmmm, wonder if QVC is skittish after the sleigh nightmare. Mine had a punch hole on one side of the box and was broken. Many others reported theirs was broken too!
Valued Contributor

On 11/4/2014 nodecaf said:

Well, this just sounded "off" so I cancelled my order!

We did have pretty heavy rain on Saturday (11/1), I wonder if it caused a problem...

Either way, I'm moving on!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I canceled mine too. Totally disgusted with how this is being handled.