Valued Contributor

anyone buying this kitchen aide mixer that is a todays special? i own one already but it is a few years old. I bought the spilizer and not sure if it will work on mine. lady says yes hope they are right. is it worth the money. I will use if not a big baker. 

Honored Contributor

Your machine will work with the spiralizer.If your machine is still running I suggest not spending money on a new one.It might be pretty but it still does the same job.

Honored Contributor

I'm not buying, I don't need one.

But if I were, this is the one I would buy, with the lifted bowl.

I dont know what a spilizer is but I did hear her say all attachments will work

There's a lot of information provided when you go to the listing here on the website.

@tockerman wrote:

anyone buying this kitchen aide mixer that is a todays special? i own one already but it is a few years old. I bought the spilizer and not sure if it will work on mine. lady says yes hope they are right. is it worth the money. I will use if not a big baker. 

Respected Contributor

I have this mixer from a few years ago and love it. It is a powerhouse and I like it because I can mix 2 batches of cookies at a time. I would check pricing though, if you don't care about the color it looks like Amazon has some better deals. 

Honored Contributor

All of the attachments will fit every Kitchen Aid mixer made from day one.  My mixer is 35 years old and I use it daily.  They don't seem to wear out.

I do not have the lifting bowl type and have never cared for that model.  These mixers are heavy and take up a lot of space.  

Valued Contributor

i am not buying the mixer. if this attachement does not work for some reason I will just send it back. i have a device like this but it is a cheap one i bought for 20 dollars. i want this one for a while. will see what happens. 

Occasional Contributor

Honestly i would not pay $400 for a mixer,  especially as long as i have 2 hands LOL.

Honored Contributor

I would love a new mixer but my 20 year old basic, KA mixer is still going strong and can't justify a new one. I do have the spiralizer for it and it fits and works very well. I don't use it much tho, but glad I have it when I do need it.  I love the chanpagne color---they should use that color on new appliances---but my last huge splurge was a new Vitamix this past Valentines Day. I'm good for awhile.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I ordered the TSV in the light blue color.  I have the 5 1/2 quart size in majestic yellow, but I needed the larger one, because everytime I make bread dough, I was having to stop the mixer and push the dough down, as it was hitting the top of the mixer where the blade attaches and going over the top of the bowl.  I am really looking to making bread dough with the 6 qt size. 

Honored Contributor

Re: kitchen aide mixer

[ Edited ]

@saltysails wrote:

I ordered the TSV in the light blue color.  I have the 5 1/2 quart size in majestic yellow, but I needed the larger one, because everytime I make bread dough, I was having to stop the mixer and push the dough down, as it was hitting the top of the mixer where the blade attaches and going over the top of the bowl.  I am really looking to making bread dough with the 6 qt size. 

@saltysails  Be sure the one you buy has the spiral dough hook to keep this from happening!  It isn't just the mixer, but the ones that use the spiral dough hook.  I know from experience the spiral hook REALLY does help keep this from happening.