Valued Contributor

i have had a kindle fire for over five years and it does not hold a charge for very long seems it gets shorter and shorter? I think its time to upgrade I want to get a ipad pro I use the kindle when i read books and when I do not want to take my computer with me. do you think it is worth it for me to upgrade.

Honored Contributor

I've been having the same discussion with myself!  I feel as if I "should" upgrade because my Fire also doesn't keep its charge.  Then when I assess how I really use my devices, I decide I don't need to upgrade because virtually all of the time, I do my computer work at home, I read mostly at home, and I use my smartphone for pretty much everything I want or need to do when I'm away from my chargers.

My biggest question - and it's one I obviously haven't answered yet - is whether I'd carry a new, upgraded tablet with me and use it for more tasks if I'd buy it.

Valued Contributor

i know i would i read all the time. I have some many books i there. i could put them on my apple computer but I do not really want to do that. I kindle is about five years old. I have a pple computer and I phone and they all charge for hours. I am sick and tried of reading a book and the charge goes out. i was on a plane yesterday and the charge went out.plus take forevery to charge up. 

Honored Contributor

I have bought and given away quite a few Amazon iPads because they're so cheap compared to the Apple IPads I've bought.  I just bought from HSN the Amazon Fire 7.  It was a TSV there for only $49.95.  It's the latest and it works in unison with My Alexa.  It takes verbal commands, etc.

im so out of my element here even talking about these things, but it was such a good deal had to let you know.  It came with several extra things.  Check it out first.  The price was really good.

Hope this helps.  I have several IPADs, etc, but don't use them as much as you guys so battery seems OK to me.  

Like me I said, I am novice about this stuff but wanted to let you know the tiny bit of info I know.  Take care😀 Annabelle

Respected Contributor

We got my daughter an IPad Pro for school last year.  I can tell you the charge lasts a long time.  After using it most of the day at school ( and not charging it there), she still has a lot of charge on it when she gets home.

Valued Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

i have had a kindle fire for over five years and it does not hold a charge for very long seems it gets shorter and shorter? I think its time to upgrade I want to get a ipad pro I use the kindle when i read books and when I do not want to take my computer with me. do you think it is worth it for me to upgrade.

A few friends at work got the new iPad Pros and they are fantastic compared to my first generation iPad Air. I also own 3 Kindles, one of which is so old it won't update or charge and 2 sizes of the Fires. Both of the usable Kindles keep the charges well enough and I like them and use one a lot for reading and watching Amazon Prime content. I have found that my old iPad Air is still my go to device for everything and most of the time takes the place of my computer. 

Honored Contributor

@tockermanI've considered buying a reader, most likely a Paperwhite.  I know I'd use that and unless I'm going to use the other functions of an iPad, I just can't see spending the extra money.

Valued Contributor

Same predicament here - I have a very old kindle that I have to charge frequently and a Samsung that has never held a charge well. I'm considering an iPad pro for the same reason. 

Valued Contributor

I never wanted an iPhone until my other smartphone kept getting viruses. I have never had any problems with any of my Apple products. I had owned Kindles for years and bought an iPad mainly because I could use the apps I had purchased for my phone on it and have never looked back. Love my iPad and it is an old original Air.