Valued Contributor

Re: joy mango todays special

[ Edited ]

I have learned an expensive lesson too where Joy items are concerned. never post a review until you actually use the item. I used the crossbody hand bag for the first time last night. Liked it at first so posted a good revoew. But the threads are already falling out of their holes after one wear. Her bags are not leather, or at least leather I know. The organizer set seems fine, but as people say, you can get things cheaper elsehwere. I just wanted the same colour in all the pieces. No more Joy for me.

Honored Contributor

I prefer Joy's hangers over any other brand.  If you only need a few, Target sells them.  Also Macy's and sometimes they are on sale and you can use their coupons.

Respected Contributor

I have really been very happy with her hangers and don't remember breaking one yet.  I know I have had one set of them for at least 11 years (before I moved to my house.)  I like that they don't leave those hanger bumps in my clothes.  I do agree on what someone said about the colors being a problem sometimes, I started with a pinkish one which they stopped making so have gotten various shades of pink or purple over the years.  

I also really like this set of the beauty bags with a big tote that she offered last year.  I got 2 sets of those and the quality is pretty good.   Her hair dryer has also been good for me.  Some of the other items I have ordered over the years have not been so good - the purses or often hit or miss. 

Honored Contributor

I’ve never had a single hanger of hers break. I don’t know exactly what people mean re old vs new hangers but I think I got mine about 10-12 years ago. Don’t know if that classifies as the “old ones.” I was conscious of the possibility of color transfer (just based on common sense) so I bought a pale color.

I needed about a dozen more at some point, but then just bought similar at Ross. There are a zillion knock-offs out there, and the knock-off prices are such that if you need to buy more, no biggie.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all