Esteemed Contributor

Re: iRobot Floor/Rug Cleaner

I still use my regular vacuums but I let the roomba get those extra cleanings done for me.  I especially like having the roomba do the kitchen area.   My only complaint is I have to move all the chairs out of the room first.  I use a small Hoover in the laundry and powder room cause it takes only a few minutes to do.  

Honored Contributor

@ChouChou Enjoying the Roomba so much that I am wondering if I should also get Natasha. Is she cleaning noticeably well or do you have to do a follow-up touchup? I notice with Boris (I may end up stealing your names!) that he does very well on all surfaces, but there are times when he can't get the corners as well. Corners on linoleum are fine because the dog hair seems to fly/move around once Boris has gotten near, then the corner dirt gets cleaned up. But on the rugs, sometimes he can get the dog hair and sometimes not, due to the nature of the hair wanting to cling to the rug unless he goes right over it. That little side brush does well with some light items sitting on top of the rug.

How has been your experience with corners getting cleaned with the Roomba? And also with the "mop" version?

Super Contributor

@ChouChou Enjoying the Roomba so much that I am wondering if I should also get Natasha. Is she cleaning noticeably well or do you have to do a follow-up touchup? I notice with Boris (I may end up stealing your names!) that he does very well on all surfaces, but there are times when he can't get the corners as well. Corners on linoleum are fine because the dog hair seems to fly/move around once Boris has gotten near, then the corner dirt gets cleaned up. But on the rugs, sometimes he can get the dog hair and sometimes not, due to the nature of the hair wanting to cling to the rug unless he goes right over it. That little side brush does well with some light items sitting on top of the rug.

How has been your experience with corners getting cleaned with the Roomba? And also with the "mop" version?

I don't have problems with the corners with either Boris or Natasha. I was concerned that they might have trouble getting all of the dog hair. My Jack Russell sheds like mad and I was worried that it would overwhelm them. If I let a few days pass without using Boris it takes him longer to get everything but he pulls it off.

Feel free to steal the names. I stole them from Rocky & Bullwinkle!

Honored Contributor

@ChouChou wrote:

Feel free to steal the names. I stole them from Rocky & Bullwinkle!

@ChouChou LOL! I always loved that show. Really brought back memories when you mentioned that. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@ChouChou Ordered Natasha! Can't wait to see how she cleans my floors. Thanks for your comments about her. Heart

Honored Contributor

@ChouChou Gave Natasha a run this morning for the first time, just in the master bathroom. She did a really great job. 

My question is this: Do you stock up on the pads somewhere other than QVC? Natasha came with two blue pads for wet cleaning, two orange pads for damp sweeping, and two white pads for dry sweeping. The blue pad was somewhat dirty when it finished its run.

Want/need to order more pads so I always have some on hand. QVC has them for $23.97 (30 pads, any color listed above). Or do you just get the washable wet (blue) pads and keep using the same one over and over?

Thanks for any input you wish to give me on this.

Super Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@ChouChou Gave Natasha a run this morning for the first time, just in the master bathroom. She did a really great job. 

My question is this: Do you stock up on the pads somewhere other than QVC? Natasha came with two blue pads for wet cleaning, two orange pads for damp sweeping, and two white pads for dry sweeping. The blue pad was somewhat dirty when it finished its run.

Want/need to order more pads so I always have some on hand. QVC has them for $23.97 (30 pads, any color listed above). Or do you just get the washable wet (blue) pads and keep using the same one over and over?

I was buying the replacement pads at Target. They have a fairly large iRobot section at my Target (or, Tarjay, for those of us who shop there.Smiley Happy I read on the Amazon review site that Swiffer replacement pads work well. Another said that the super cheapies at Dollar Tree, Big Lots, etc. worked just as well. I went to Big Lots near me and got a big box of super cheapies. It's nice because they are so much cheaper and I throw them away after each use.

I saw on the Q that the Campanelli guy was selling his microfiber pads and showed how to use them on what looked like a Swiffer mop. I'm going to get a couple of microfiber cloths and see if Natasha will like them. If not, I can always go back to my Big Lots cheapies. Natasha is like a cheap date!

Honored Contributor

@ChouChou wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I was buying the replacement pads at Target. They have a fairly large iRobot section at my Target (or, Tarjay, for those of us who shop there.Smiley Happy I read on the Amazon review site that Swiffer replacement pads work well. Another said that the super cheapies at Dollar Tree, Big Lots, etc. worked just as well. I went to Big Lots near me and got a big box of super cheapies. It's nice because they are so much cheaper and I throw them away after each use.

I saw on the Q that the Campanelli guy was selling his microfiber pads and showed how to use them on what looked like a Swiffer mop. I'm going to get a couple of microfiber cloths and see if Natasha will like them. If not, I can always go back to my Big Lots cheapies. Natasha is like a cheap date!

@ChouChou LOL!!!! Yes, she sure is. Smiley LOL

Thanks for the information. I haven't been to Tarjay in a long time. I'll check it out there and some other places too.

Honored Contributor

@ChouChou WOW!! Went to Target today and got three boxes of the blue pads. Yes, I know, that is a lot of pads, but Natasha is fastidious. Smiley LOL

Target - $7.99/10 = 79 cents ea

QVC - $23.97/30 = 79 cents ea (free shipping right now and on easy pay)

So I didn't save anything; however, I did get them right away, and I am going to do some serious cleaning next week as I have the whole week off work.

And you are right, Target has a good-sized section just for the iRobot/Braava items. Took me a little while to find it, though, as I thought it would be where all the other household cleaning items are in the Target near me. But it was with the vacuums, etc., and not the regular floor cleaners and swifter stuff.

I see QVC has a newer model, black, of the Braava.