Super Contributor
Looking at the 128 iPad for my 12 year old son to replace hi iPad Air 2. He'd flip if I can do this for him! Is this a good deal? I'm not great with these tech deals. Any advice, suggestions or recommendations? TIA!
Respected Contributor

Re: iPad TSV 10/26

[ Edited ]

I bought two of the iPad 2018 and they are the 128GB and love them. Mine are 9.7” and one I bought on HSN with the accessories and the other I bought at Apple.com.

I know I paid a little more from HSN but I use all the accessories and they are all very nice. The 2018 iPads are compatible now with the Apple Pencil. The TSV is a little bigger than mine and a 2019 model. Watch several presentations too help you decide.

You can not go wrong with Apple iPads. The 9.7” ones I have are both used every day. I start with one and then by the end of the day swap to the other one as the first one charges.

Many buy from QVC and HSN due to the payments being split up. I paid up front for both of mine but have used easy pay before using my own credit card and not one of theirs.

I also bought a couple different cases for my two from Amazon that are hard cases that fold and swivel that has a nice keyboard for more protection. At least they bought had a keyboard case with each when I purchased mine. Even the earbuds had very good sound on them.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Honored Contributor

Re: iPad TSV 10/26

[ Edited ]

@QVCdebt wrote:
Looking at the 128 iPad for my 12 year old son to replace hi iPad Air 2. He'd flip if I can do this for him! Is this a good deal? I'm not great with these tech deals. Any advice, suggestions or recommendations? TIA!

nope not a good deal at all

go directly to Apple and compare the prices

Super Contributor

You can get an iPad 6th generation 128g (can use the 1st generation of pencil) for $299.99 at different places like Walmart.com. You don't get the extras like you do on QVC, so those are extra if you get them. For what you get on TSV, it's not a bad deal but it's not the cheapest. It is a newer version iPad (it's what's known as the new iPad Air). Prices of the iPads themselves don't really go on sale, it's just that you get more extras from QVC along with additional tech support (but not from Apple) and the option of easy pay. 

Honored Contributor

I have the 9.7 latest model Ipad with 128 gigs---got it at the incredible price of $299 from Best B*uy a couple years ago, just happened on a flash sale---it was brand new and not a refurb one.----didn't get the stuff that comes with this TSV, but didn't need any of it.  I also bought and returned the 10" one and really there was not any more to that than the 9.7 version--except the price! and for my hand it was larger than was comfortable for me. I have a 32 gig one too and a mini---LOVE me some Ipads!!!

Contributor

I have the 2018 version which is 9.7 in. Checked specs and only diff is size! Paid under $300 on special. For a 12 year old, the extras are not necessary. My 17 year old granddaughter has used lpads for a long time and never had keyboard etc. Amazon has both versions 2018 and 2019. Check prices there and best buy and Wal-Mart before buying this. Go to Apple direct also. Also the real black Friday is coming and there will be plenty of 🍎 specials! Don't get stampeded! Good luck!

Super Contributor

I got the 128G a couple of months ago at Walmart for $329.00 don't need the extras.  I used the case from my old ipad

Occasional Contributor

I would shop around.  Typically I see them adding $150-$200 above the retail cost of the iPad itself to cover all the "extras".  Some reviews have described them as junk.  Better to shop around as there always seem to be sales at Amazon, Target and Walmart especially at this time of year.  The only benefit seems to be the option for easy pays.

Respected Contributor

I appreciate seeing all the advice everyone has given on the TSV. I was just about to order.  Can someone tell me how the storage for pictures work?  Do you transfer them from your phone/camera like a laptop?   I am not techy at all and just barely know how to use my laptop, but I do enjoy looking back at pictures.    

Super Contributor

@Georgiagrama wrote:

I appreciate seeing all the advice everyone has given on the TSV. I was just about to order.  Can someone tell me how the storage for pictures work?  Do you transfer them from your phone/camera like a laptop?   I am not techy at all and just barely know how to use my laptop, but I do enjoy looking back at pictures.   

I'm not sure exactly what pictures that you mean, existing ones or ones that you'll take with your iPad. You can call tech support and they should be able to walk you through getting your existing photos on your iPad. Each picture takes up a little bit of storage. I have about 1200 photos and 80 videos on my one iPad and they haven't used a lot of storage.