Respected Contributor

Is anyone planning to get the iPad TS on HSN today?  I am very tempted but would love opinions/feedback.

Thanks!

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Frequent Contributor

The 32GB version sells for $339 retail. 

Are the case, keyboard, Bluetooth earbuds worth the extra cost to you? 

I got a nice case for $15 from Amazon. I already have Bluetooth keyboards, so I don’t think this is such a deal.

dragonfly

Honored Contributor

I have a lot of IPAD's (Apple).  I also have at least 4 (don't ask) of the Amazon tablets.

Not bragging, embarrassed at my ummm 'stupidity'.  The reason I'm mentioning it is because out of everything I have (I have the same one HSN's selling and the smaller exact version) but .....my favorite one of everything is the large one like HSN is selling.

I always go to it.  I don't use the keypad on any of them as I have (and use at home) the laptop.

But if you want to know which I prefer, as I said, I prefer the larger IPAD.  I use it mainly for my banking and keep it by my bedside.

I don't know much about computers...I just want it to be reliable and work every single time.

The one I like and mentioned is the oldest one I own and the first one I bought.  My son-in-law keeps telling me I should sell it or give it away, but I just love it so much.

That's my story.  The bottom line as far as I'm concerned is if you like it and can afford it, buy it.  Life is to short to want something and wish you had it...as long as it doesn't pose a hardship money-wise.

Please let us know if you get it.  I'll try to be on the look-out for your post.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Respected Contributor

I have the gold 128 Gb iPad with the rose gold case in my cart right now at HSN. I checked out the Model number to be sure it was the 6th gen of 2018 and it is. HSN also has 2 years of Total Tech Premium for the iPad. I went to their site and it is worth $199.00 for 2 years for the iPad. I checked out buying a similar case, stand, neoprene case, comparable Earphones and the price with the iPad comes out to the deal I was looking for.

HSN is awesome to deal with if you have a return. I wasn’t given a return postage on a recent return due to being defective. I called a few days ago and received a check in the mail today for the difference. That was fast. Returns get credited back much faster and I have few if any defective items from them.

I will register my new iPad with Apple as soon as I get it. Being a genuine Apple product it is guaranteed no matter where you buy it. I avoid eBay for Apple electronics as it may not be unregistered by the previous owner. I found out the hard wat several years ago.

HSN is a great place to buy anything with the guarantee they give you.

Honored Contributor

if you want an iPad get one from Apple, you don't need to pay for generic tech support or generic accessories and spend extra money 

or before you order at least take a look at Apple's site 

have had iPads for several years, all you really need is some type of case 

Respected Contributor

I did check out Apple and that is where I usually buy mine. I decided the accessories and Tech Connect is worth buying on HSN as I can afford to do so. I have had money saved up for a year and just waited until I saw what I wanted. The accessories will go to my children someday when I am gone. I am 69 and not in the best of heath at times. I will use the case and the stand. I will like to use it for recipes when I cook.

I do appreciate your input as you are correct. It is cheaper without the extras. I bought the 128 gb as this will probably be my last one I buy.

I had a tablet from HSN several years ago that I returned. No problem as I had reset back to factory settings before I returned it. The reason I returned it was because my Apple tablet- I also had- was no where near the Apple screen quality and speed. I will stick with Apple products. They do spoil you even though they are pricey.

Esteemed Contributor

@dragonflyveb wrote:

The 32GB version sells for $339 retail. 

Are the case, keyboard, Bluetooth earbuds worth the extra cost to you? 

I got a nice case for $15 from Amazon. I already have Bluetooth keyboards, so I don’t think this is such a deal.

dragonfly

@dragonflyveb & the  128gb version is $429  - they're charging over $100 for 'stuff'!

Respected Contributor

I received my new iPad and accessories from HSN in rose gold today, which is 6 days earlier than stated. It is a beautiful rose gold color even though it stated gold. They did explain it was more rose gold which I appreciated them doing so. The rose gold wireless earbuds, rose gold case with removable keyboard, and pale rose gold neoprene case to match are all very well made. The included stand is very sturdy.

I am pleased with this package. I paid more than just buying the iPad only from Apple but the accessories I would have bought anyways. The accessories are made well and of good quality. I will set it up and register it tomorrow.

Just wanted to give an update on my purchase.

Occasional Contributor

I am so glad that you are enjoying your purchase. I bought the same one but decided to return it as the accessories were not really up to pa in my opinion. I have other Apple products so I might be a little spoiled. I could not reconcile the added cost for the things they sent along with it. It wasn’t a good value for me. By the time I added up the cost for the extras I could have purchased the iPad Pro for about the same. I don’t need the protection plan as I already have other iPads and they never die! Great product! In the end I did purchase the same thing elsewhere for less. I do think that HSN has great deals on electronics, especially with the easy pay option. I’ve purchased many laptops and other electronic devices there and QVC in the past. I do agree that you should check out the Apple site first when buying. They also offer  financing upon approval for twelve months. In the end whatever works for you is best!  Either way you can’t go wrong with Apple products! Glad you’re enjoying yours!