Valued Contributor
Lynn, good point, but obviously, those people don't care what others say.... The TSV looked very attractive to me, too, with all those colors, but I did my research, out of curiosity and was amazed at the prices somewhere else... but I guess some like to pay for tech support. I never need this extra expense. I can troubleshoot on my own. Guess, there is market for everyone...
Esteemed Contributor
I was amazed that the tech support has a value of 650.00. That is like the price of 3 ipads. Do people really need tech support that much to pay that.
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/14/2014 ccassaday said: I was amazed that the tech support has a value of 650.00. That is like the price of 3 ipads. Do people really need tech support that much to pay that.
Anytime I have a problem I usually just Google it and I've never had a problem finding the answer to any of my issues whether it's iPad or a laptop. Google is free.
Esteemed Contributor
On 12/14/2014 meowing kitty said:
On 12/14/2014 ccassaday said: I was amazed that the tech support has a value of 650.00. That is like the price of 3 ipads. Do people really need tech support that much to pay that.
Anytime I have a problem I usually just Google it and I've never had a problem finding the answer to any of my issues whether it's iPad or a laptop. Google is free.
Yep. Even if your not tech savvy surely someone in your family can help. My mom isn't tech savvy and works the iPad fine. No-one really needs tech support this day and age. A warranty yes but not tech support.
Honored Contributor

The one that is being offered has IOS 7.0. something and the most recent is 8.1.2, I am sure there are people buying this, but for lords sake do a little research before you hit the buy key

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor
I've had my iPad about 3 years and have never needed tech support. There is always somebody on the electronics forum that can answer a question. I would not want or use any of those accessories. iPads are so user friendly that you can dive right into using them. Learning all of the tricks they can do is half the fun of owning them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor
On 12/14/2014 Kachina624 said:
I've had my iPad about 3 years and have never needed tech support. There is always somebody on the electronics forum that can answer a question. I would not want or use any of those accessories. iPads are so user friendly that you can dive right into using them. Learning all of the tricks they can do is half the fun of owning them.

Especially for an iPad,

Just don't get it

Contributor

Re: iPad Mini 2 TSV for 2015....Another Rip-Off

[ Edited ]

Well, QVC is ripping the not-so-savy customers again, with today's TSV.  They're selling the iPad mini 2 with accessories and tech support for $399.00 (16 G). First of all, this older model of the iPad mini, has already been replaced by the iPad mini 3, and now the iPad mini 4.  You can currently get the latest version of the iPad mini 4 for the same price, with more technical advancements, including even better Retina display.  ( I also see it as slimey, and humorous at the same time, that they are promoting the "specialness" of this product, based on its' "retina vs. non-retina" display.  This is very humorous because all iPads have only ever had a Retina display.  Because this is what distinguishes iPads from other brand tablets.  But QVC is making it sound as if previous models of iPads didn't have this feature.)

In any case, you can still purchase this older model of the iPad mini 2 in 2015, for $199, at different stores.  Just check on-line and see which ones.  And if someone really needs the extra added accessories (including those cute little patterned adhesives), and "tablet support", a person can get all this, for way under the $200, that QVC is charging. (One person here, already posted, that tablet support really isn't necessary for most people, since if anyone is buying a tablet, they probably already know more or less how to do searches on the internet.  And all anyone has to do to find out how to do anything on their iPad, is search the Internet for the question you have, and the answer will come right up.  And even if a person does need tablet support, then whatever the difference is after you subtract the keyboard, and other accessories from the $200, it is still way too much money.) 

In general, I am a big QVC fan.  I respect them as an organization for their customer support because I like the different selection of products, and the true convenience they provide to shoppers.  But I do not respect them when they're trying to unload older products, like this TSV, and then putting a special bow on it (in the form of accessories and support), and then not being completely honest with their customers as to what they're getting.  Added to that is more dishonesty, when they act like they're doing everyone a favor.  That's when they remind me of snake oil salespeople, preying on consumers, who don't know any better.  QVC should be ashamed of themselves.

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: iPad Mini TSV

[ Edited ]

I wonder how many people know they are buying the old model?  They are way up to the Ipad Mini 4 now and that starts at $399.00.  And come September they will have the 5 out.  Thats like going to the car dealership & getting a 2013 model and paying what you would for a 2015 model.