Contributor

While watching the Blink Security Camera demostration, I heard the host say that maybe it is a good idea to put one in the Bathroom. What?  Couldn't believe it.    Think she was just trying to say something else.   She said since a lot of people take drugs. Ok, but do you really want one in the bathroom?    had to laugh      

Respected Contributor

Yes, it does sound kind of weird to put a security camera in the bathroom.  However, one of my best friends had one installed in her mom's apartment including the bathroom because they were concerned she would fall and couldn't get to the phone.  She said it was piece of mind for her and her mom.

Esteemed Contributor

Watching out for grandma for safety reasons is one thing..........but seeing your dude 17 year old son is something different.  If not for safety - I pass.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think you do that to anyone.  That means anyone with the app can view or share.  I will not be using any bathroom in a private home.  I guess thanks for the warning....

Respected Contributor

@Plain Ann wrote:

While watching the Blink Security Camera demostration, I heard the host say that maybe it is a good idea to put one in the Bathroom. What?  Couldn't believe it.    Think she was just trying to say something else.   She said since a lot of people take drugs. Ok, but do you really want one in the bathroom?    had to laugh      

No thank you...I think we will just stick to Life Alert for now.Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

THAT is going way too far

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Contributor

Thanks for everyone's opinion.   Agree, maybe outside the bathroom  for an elderly parent, but not otherwise.   Don't think even my 90 year old mom would have approved. 

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Watching out for grandma for safety reasons is one thing..........but seeing your dude 17 year old son is something different.  If not for safety - I pass.

I'm right there with you.  At this point in my life, I don't any camera inside my house for any reason.  Creepy if you ask me. 

Respected Contributor

I have security cameras in 5 rooms of my 92 year old mothers house. Twice this year we were able to see her on the floor and get there fast. I have 1 in her bathroom pointing towards her shower with as much of the floor that I can see. Of course I try and maintain her privacy but I do tune into her to see what is going on. We are moving her into assisted living where she will have more supervision. Right now she has someone with her 16 hours a day. In fact I will sleep there tonight. It is tough for me and my family. She just can't stay alone anymore. We are hoping that she adjusts to assisted living.