Valued Contributor

anyone really own this and does it work? 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't own it nor would I buy it.  It's just another gimick,  IMO nothing is going to exercise for you!  Total nonsense.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't own this and can see no reason to buy it.  I looked at current reviews and the main thing is that you still must exercise fairly hardcore and eat a good diet.  There is no quick fix.  We all need a good, strong core, but that takes a lot of work.  Depending on age, and I know because I work out more than most people my age (and I have the injuries to prove it!!), it is almost impossible to get that strong core unless you are younger.  The best that you can do is walk and lift weights (carefully) to maintain.

My physical therapist always talks about core and has told me that I am probably the strongest person who he works with and I am not young.  What works best for me is TRX and I do specific moves that my therapist has assigned.  Still a lot of work.  

Also, with a workout plan, it will probably take several years to see a significant difference.  While I have not lost any weight, I have dropped two sizes and my core is still not where I wish that it would be.

The moral of the story is don't buy the flex belt.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

My crystal ball sees this featured in many future garage sales.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I can't see why it wouldn't work if it stimulates the muscles.  Remenber workouts (can't remember the name of them) where you tighten muscles and release while sitting, walking, driving, etc.  That is the same concept.  You don't have to do ab workouts that are physically hard but you can still work your muscles.  I use both the facemaster and EGG and that is what it does for the face muscles and I know it definitely works on my face to tighten the muscles.  I do think that if you are squeemish and don't like things that might be a bit uncomfortable for you then it surely would not be for you because so many don't like the facemaster because they say it's uncomfortable to use.  I know someone who used a device like that to keep her core toned while she was recovering from shoulder surgery and it obviously worked for her.  She is a persnal trainer and had much praise for it.  I'm thinking it would not be as good as physical exercise (which many cannot or will not do) but it's better than not doing anything to tone your muscles.  

Trusted Contributor

th.jpg

Respected Contributor

I recall seeing similar belts in old catalogs from the early 1900s. Still around in different versions. If it is too good to be true as they say.....

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I wish I'd had this after surgery.

This would be wonderful for anyone who has acquired diminished spine or abdominal flexibility, or just can't move their midsection normally for any reason.

For me, in the months following surgery, this would've prevented all the back muscles from my shoulder blades down to my hips from deteriorating while the cut abdominal muscles were knitting back together.

Trusted Contributor

If this really worked everyone would own one and we would all be walking around with perfect abs. Just another gimmick.

Valued Contributor

Just another gimmick. Can't believe anyone would actually think that this device can tighten the abs.