Respected Contributor

What is the difference between the two options? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: fit bit blaze

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with Hotstreet. I walk 2 miles a day sometimes more. I watch what I eat and drink plenty of water. Since the end of March I have lost 26 lbs. It is not an easy task but I am doing it on my own. I am not on any programs (i.e. nutrisystem) I am just motivated to get healthy. I weigh myself once a week to track my progress. I don't have any of the new gadgets but I am doing fine without it. I know people that have the Fitbit and are not healthy. I think it all depends on the person not the gadget to measure everything you do. I guess I am old school and it works for me.

Super Contributor

Re: fit bit blaze

[ Edited ]

Sure, no one needs a Fitbit to be healthy.  But I find it super helpful to track how active I am on a given day. It makes me appreciate how important it is to get a workout in each day - or the difference in my activity is stunning.

I also like that it tracks my sleep.

I set it to do challenges.  When I hit 10,000 steps and it buzzes gently, it makes me feel good.  I like the badges you can earn. My mom and I are "friends" and occasionly challenge each other through the app (which is free).

I think it's fun and wear it in lieu of a watch.

Occasional Contributor

I would have a problem because the large wouldn't fit.  I'd have to buy an ex large band and have two bands I couldn't use.  That wouldn't make sense. 

Regular Contributor
I like Fitbit. It makes me move more for sure. But as a TSV this is very underwhelming. The extra band is no value to me so the price is the same as Amazon where shipping is free. If you need easy pay this is the way to go. Otherwise they should add a screen protector or take $5 off. The band is plastic. It's not a big deal.
Occasional Contributor

what they did NOT tell you about the fitibt Blaze--I have owned one since March, previously i wore the One model faithfully since 2014.  The Blaze has firmware issues that affect the accuracy--go and read the fitbit help forums you may wonder how this thing made a TSV.  You can purchase the same bundle at Costco with a much better return policy, smae price and free shipping..(costco.com).

Fitbit only offers 4 clock faces--(others have downoadable customized apps to design your own)..One of the clockfaces is clipped at the bottom so the numbers look chopped off.  Fitbit's customers have been asking for updates and these addtions since March, they are told to "be patient".

The gorilla glass can easily chip and if it's YOUR fault (like you fell off your bike) they will not replace it.  buy yourself screen protectors from amazon, it saves the face.

fitbit accessories are grossly overpriced and there are beautiful options for bands at that prime place for a fraction of the cost, in all different colors.

my favorite is a milanese mesh loop, i have 5 different colors and frames to match.

Fitbit did replace my Blaze after i hounded them on the custormer service section, but it's the firmware update from April--not the watch.

There is NO "reminder to move"..but like the clock faces it has been requested by several thousands of posts.  the battery life is fairly good at 3-4 days.  the fitbit does NOT work with every phone--only certain ones...you cannot use anything except the message app, no message+, pairing it with your phone can be a long annoying process where you may have to disconnect your car bluetooth for it to work, you must also run the fitbit notifications setting on your phone all the time.  the text feature only works if the phone and Blaze are within 15 feet of eachother--and sometimes if mine are next to each other it does not come through.  i hope that this helps someone--I am wating for the new Pebble time to come out (november)with standardized algorithms that they have published.  fitbit will not do that. 

i was concerned because seeing this as a TSV on Q means this may be the end of the Blaze....

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for this helpful information!