Contributor

eGift card with Duraflame purchase

Did anyone receive their eGift card from the Duraflame TSV? Was it in the package with the stove?

Trusted Contributor

Re: eGift card with Duraflame purchase

No, the gift card was not in the package.  It is my understanding they will send you an email in about a month - not sure of the timing though.

Honored Contributor

@chlema wrote:

No, the gift card was not in the package.  It is my understanding they will send you an email in about a month - not sure of the timing though.

That sounds about right.  That's how it's usually done.  Mark the date on your calendar and keep an eye out for it.

Contributor

OK. I thought when the item was presented that they said the card would come as soon as the stove shipped.

Honored Contributor

That's not how it usually works.  Not to say it isn't that way this time.  They wouldn't put it the box though.  Call customer service.

Respected Contributor

Not sure why the Q did this instead of just shipping the stove for free - (I believe shipping was around $15).  I think they would have sold a lot more stoves that way. 

Trusted Contributor

@).hoosieroriginal wrote:

Not sure why the Q did this instead of just shipping the stove for free - (I believe shipping was around $15).  I think they would have sold a lot more stoves that way. 

QVC does it this way because they make more money.

If they did free shipping, essentially everyone would get the $15 discount.  Doing it as a card, two things will happen -- some people will use the card to buy additional items (which will result in more sales and more revenue for QVC) and some will simply not use the card (beause they find nothing else or forget about it).

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I get where you are coming from but it's like Kohls with that stupid Kohls cash.  Instead of just giving you the $10.00 off at the time of your purchase, they give you $10.00 in Kohls cash to be used at a later date. 

You have to come back to use it which generates sales for them.  And how many people only spend the $10.00?  Most end up spending a lot more.  Win for Kohls.  LOL 

Contributor

I know they said the card will be emailed to you when it is shipped.So I called CS and they said that it will take 6 to 8 weeks.