why in the world are they always showing long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves for summer tops. don't get it.  we need more short sleeve or even elbow sleeve . so many tops that I

like but the long or 3/4 sleeves are not appropriate for summer stuff.  just my opinion of course.

Honored Contributor

They just showed an elbow sleeve top, 100% cotton and it came in bright summer colors.

Honored Contributor

@ladybugs23 wrote:

why in the world are they always showing long sleeves or 3/4 sleeves for summer tops. don't get it.  we need more short sleeve or even elbow sleeve . so many tops that I

like but the long or 3/4 sleeves are not appropriate for summer stuff.  just my opinion of course.

Ordinarily I would agree with you, but because these sleeves are flowy, they seem light and airy . Since I got it in black, I can wear it into fall.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

It's already been in the upper 90s every day for two weeks here, but I wear both short and longer sleeves in the summers. If I'm going to be outside in the sun, I prefer longer sleeves for a little more sun protection. Gauze won't offer heaps of protection, but it also won't make me overheated in the summer sun. 

I'm not excited about this "elbow length" trend. I'm short and have short arms to match. Short sleeves are elbow sleeves on me and elbow sleeves extend just past my elbow and get bunched up in my elbow when I bend my arm.

Respected Contributor

Re: don't understand?

[ Edited ]

I think that offering a variety of sleeve lengths is wonderful.  I am very sun sensitive and some days, I prefer a longer sleeve length in the summer.  Some other women may prefer this, as well, for many reasons.  Also, some women may prefer to wear a longer sleeve length inside a cooler venue like a movie theater instead of wearing a sweater or jacket.  

It would be the same as choosing a short, skort, crop pant short dress or a longer pant/skirt or maxi dress....personal preference.  I'm sure if anyone doesn't like what is being presented on air can search and find a top or outfit that will best suit them.  Happy summer everyone!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I have plenty of short-sleeved tops, as well as elbow-length and 3/4, but I still like to have a couple of long-sleeved summer tops in my wardrobe.  Once in awhile, there's that cool summer night where I might want to don a long-sleeved top.

Valued Contributor

QVC has always done that and in the winter time all of the hosts will be wearing sleeveless tops.

Esteemed Contributor

I'd really sccop up a few sleeveless blouses, particularly if also offered in petites.  Oh well, one can dreamWoman Frustrated.....

Honored Contributor

Other than when I'm outside going from place-to-place, I'm in airconditioning.  I'm never walkng around in anything sleeveless.

(My sleeveless tanks are only to layer under something with sleeves.)

Honored Contributor

QVC offers lots of short sleeve items.  You can look through the inventory.

I wear 3/4 length sleeves all year long.  As long as the material is summer weight, it's my sleeve lenght of choice.  I go from my a/c house to my a/c car to my a/c office or building, restaurant, shopping mall, etc.  Most of these places are cold.  Many times I"m in my office in the summer with a thick sweater because the a/c is set so low.