Valued Contributor

Re: candles with alot of scent

@cancun08- YES!!! I love that candle!!!!

Respected Contributor

@LeoGrl wrote:
I agree--Harry's candles have an excellent throw! I ordered his TSV. His wife also has a great line of candles called Nest. They can be purchased in your higher end department stores. They are pricey but well worth the money. I've purchased her holiday candle two years in a row. Last year I bought one for a Christmas present and one for myself. My candle is very low now and almost to the bottom (mind you I purchased it last December). I still have it out and it smells fresh and you can even smell it even when you walk by it and it's not even lit. So glad to be able to order Harry's candles again though!

I had a different experience with the Nest candles.   I bought one at Nordstrom and after just lighting it for a few moments the scent was extremely unpleasant.   Even my husband who is nose blind commented on how bad the scent was.   

I immediately blew it out and figured that money was just wasted.   I decided to take a chance on returning it to Nordstrom figuring they would not take it back, surprisingly, even though I explained that I had briefly used it, they did accept the return and refunded my money.  

After that experience I was afraid to try another Nest candle.   

Now that I have a bird, I no longer will use any candles, except the unscented flameless ones.  

Respected Contributor

@LeoGrl wrote:
I agree--Harry's candles have an excellent throw! I ordered his TSV. His wife also has a great line of candles called Nest. They can be purchased in your higher end department stores. They are pricey but well worth the money. I've purchased her holiday candle two years in a row. Last year I bought one for a Christmas present and one for myself. My candle is very low now and almost to the bottom (mind you I purchased it last December). I still have it out and it smells fresh and you can even smell it even when you walk by it and it's not even lit. So glad to be able to order Harry's candles again though!

@LeoGrl  How funny...  I also purchased the Nest Holiday candle and it is gorgeous.  I keep it in my family room on my coffee table, and can smell if just so faintly when I'm on my couch...   even when it's not lit !  LOVE IT.