Honored Contributor

Re: august 3 tsv flex nation bike

I've bought one piece of FitNation equipment from QVC and it was such a piece of junk, I will not buy another.

I also don't seem to burn as many calories on a bike as doing say the elliptical.  

Trusted Contributor

@Bandwife23 wrote:
@september - How much assembly was required of your bike? I watched the midnight show, but I never heard them speak about the assembly.

It seems whenever they're presenting exercise equipment, they either skim over or skip the assembly requirements.  I'll have to watch a live presentation before I decide to purchase.  I'm not good with directions to begin with.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I've bought one piece of FitNation equipment from QVC and it was such a piece of junk, I will not buy another.

I also don't seem to burn as many calories on a bike as doing say the elliptical.  

@Lipstickdiva What did you buy that you thought was junk?  I read many of the reviews on the previous bike they sold and it had many good reviews.  I think a 4.4 overall.

It's hard to buy something like this and then try to return it if you're not happy and at $200 you want to be happy with it.  It just depends on your level of expectation and if it works based on that.  I know most gym recumbent bikes allow you to move the seat forward or back in addition to up and down, so I do wonder at 5'2" if this would be a problem, although it seems people of my height are using it fine.

Regular Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

@Bandwife23 wrote:
@september - How much assembly was required of your bike? I watched the midnight show, but I never heard them speak about the assembly.

It seems whenever they're presenting exercise equipment, they either skim over or skip the assembly requirements.  I'll have to watch a live presentation before I decide to purchase.  I'm not good with directions to begin with.

Walkingal - Lol, that's exactly why I posted my message last night. I looked at the presentation with Kerstin when it kicked off at midnight and I never heard them explain how to assemble it. Since then, someone came on this thread and answered my question. At the time, I didn't know they'd put an assembly video on the product page. I've looked at it and it doesn't look too hard to do.

I'm looking at the presentation again before I decide. I'm 4'11" and really wish they'd show someone my height on there so I could see how it really looks.  Good luck to you if you get it! Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

there is pictures of how to assembly the bike but no auctal video. I look and do not  see it.

Regular Contributor

@tockerman wrote:

there is pictures of how to assembly the bike but no auctal video. I look and do not  see it.

tockerman - On the product page, look beside the presentation video. There should be a video named "how to assemble the flex bike." It shows a woman attaching the different pieces. There's no spoken directions in the video but it doesn't look too hard to do. Someone also mentioned in the Q&A section that the manual itself has really good pictures along w/how to assemble it. Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I asked a CS rep where you would return this and they said to QVC and not the manufacturer. Just in case anyone needed to know this before ordering.

Respected Contributor

@Bandwife23 wrote:

@walkingal wrote:

@Bandwife23 wrote:

Walkingal - Lol, that's exactly why I posted my message last night. I looked at the presentation with Kerstin when it kicked off at midnight and I never heard them explain how to assemble it. Since then, someone came on this thread and answered my question. At the time, I didn't know they'd put an assembly video on the product page. I've looked at it and it doesn't look too hard to do.

I'm looking at the presentation again before I decide. I'm 4'11" and really wish they'd show someone my height on there so I could see how it really looks.  Good luck to you if you get it! Smiley Wink

I just watched the recorded presentation on the website and they specifically cited 4'11" as the smaller end of the spectrum.

I must say I was extremely impressed by Jill's candor about her past history with her knees (12 surgeries and a replacement) and her concern about doing this particular presentation because she's not a fitness nut and talked about having gained some weight. She was frank and quite compelling, and while I need another expense like I need a hole in the head, I am probably going to get it.

I like the recumbent feature, the built-in cables (arm stretchies), the fact that you can adjust the resistance (1 to 8) while sitting on the bike, and how easy it is to fold and wheel around. Hopefully the battery-operated gauge with specs on distance, calories burned, etc. won't bomb like the ones on other exercise devices I've had.

Honored Contributor

@Bandwife23 wrote:

It was easy!

Regular Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

I just watched the recorded presentation on the website and they specifically cited 4'11" as the smaller end of the spectrum.

I must say I was extremely impressed by Jill's candor about her past history with her knees (12 surgeries and a replacement) and her concern about doing this particular presentation because she's not a fitness nut and talked about having gained some weight. She was frank and quite compelling, and while I need another expense like I need a hole in the head, I am probably going to get it.

I like the recumbent feature, the built-in cables (arm stretchies), the fact that you can adjust the resistance (1 to 8) while sitting on the bike, and how easy it is to fold and wheel around. Hopefully the battery-operated gauge with specs on distance, calories burned, etc. won't bomb like the ones on other exercise devices I've had.

Noodleann - I agree with you about Jill. I recorded it and replayed it when it was over. Frankly, I was happy to see a "non-athletic" type person doing the show. Don't get me wrong, I like Kerstin and I know she's the "resident fitness guru." She looks fabulous.  However, if you are someone like Jill...or me for that matter, who has put on a few pounds and you are honestly trying to find something to help you in your journey, you WANT to see someone on there who you can relate to. I know she mentioned that she didn't really want to do the show, but I think she probably ended up reaching more people than she realized. A couple even called in who had knee issues like her.

I see you ordered it. We did too, lol. Good luck to you with it!  Smiley Happy