Trusted Contributor

any thoughts on the newest and greatest Keurig? (ha)

[ Edited ]

I'm now furloughed to home permanently Woman Sad and perhaps (?) could use a machine upstairs in my office to save myself from going downstairs to the kitchen several times on work days. 

I have resisted the Keurig bandwagon until today because I am a coffee snob, currently using the pour over method of brewing, but do not care to put a stove in the office Woman Very Happy   I thought I'd get an electric kettle to use for the pour over process upstairs but am not relishing the idea of burning myself, spillage, boil dry, carting around bottled water, etc issues. Oh boy, the angst we go through these days, right?

dee 

Honored Contributor

Re: any thoughts on the newest and greatest Keurig? (ha)

[ Edited ]

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

I'm now furloughed to home permanently Woman Sad and perhaps (?) could use a machine upstairs in my office to save myself from going downstairs to the kitchen several times on work days. 

I have resisted the Keurig bandwagon until today because I am a coffee snob, currently using the pour over method of brewing, but do not care to put a stove in the office Woman Very Happy   I thought I'd get an electric kettle to use for the pour over process upstairs but am not relishing the idea of burning myself, spillage, boil dry, carting around bottled water, etc issues. Oh boy, the angst we go through these days, right?

dee 

@deedledeedeedle   I don't know how far you are from your "real" kitchen but getting up and walking to your kitchen might be good exercise secondary to the long hours of sitting.  When I worked at home and I did for 22 years, beginning with the time that I was nonambulatory, I needed that get-up and get-about time to prevent restless leg but since I was nonambulatory, I could not, but when I was able to walk again, I found I was working more and harder at home.

I think most do, the reason work-from-home has become such a boon for the tech industry and employers.  There are unnecessary interruptions in the office atmosphere, whereby the uninterrupted day of work-from-home requires discipline for your own health and welfare, like getting up and getting some exercise. 

Once I was able to walk, I forgot that I needed to exercise and I had to make myself sticky notes.  Then I realized having the refreshments in the kitchen was a good way to remind me.    

Honored Contributor

@deedledeedeedle   PS.  My son and his wife have the latest Keurig.  They love it but they have always loved Keurig.  I have 3 (not the most recent models) in my pantry.  I just like coffee made with a drip or a press method much better.

Respected Contributor

I've had a Keurig for a long time now.  I think mine might be one of the first ones out?  I'm not sure.  I don't know how long Keurig was out there until I found out about it.  I did get it from QVC and (knock on wood), it's running perfect to this day.  I really like it.  Much easier for me to make and have coffee, especially since I'm the only person in the house who drinks it.  I got a one for my sister and she likes it and so does my MIL.

Respected Contributor

We just replaced our old Keurig with this one. Got it at Costco for the same price. Came with filter system & coffee. It's such an improvement over our old one. The coffee flavor is so much richer. I also love the over ice feature. I think you'll love it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well Keurig has ONLY been on for 6 hours today---maybe by the 12 th hour, I'll FINALLY understand how to use it!!!!!!!  Robot Frustrated 

Frequent Contributor

I got mine at Costco also. It's the Supreme Plus. It has a larger reservoir than the one QVC is selling. I don't know of any other differences other than the color. I like the profile much better than our old one.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deedledeedeedle   Think about a cheap Keurig and don't worry when you need to replace it OR have you heard of Water Boilers?  They are great!

They keep a supply of hot or boiling water, and you just dispense it as needed.  We have one for tea and LOVE it. My husband thought I was nuts when I bought it and now is its biggest fan!

I got a Zojirushi with the tank that is stainless not non stick.  LOVE it and we've had it since early summer now.  Amazon has lots of brands and prices and it  can dispense water at a good rate for pour over as do many of them I think!  

Frequent Contributor

Also the Costco model has a button to control the temperature.
Respected Contributor

@rygimom  The temperature setting was the deal maker for me on which one to get.  My Keurig Elite has temperature control settings from 187-192 degrees & 192 is perfect for me.  The Supreme only heats up to 172 degrees.  I ordered the Supreme Plus instead of the TSV.  The coffee pods offered are also too bland for me.  I like it hot, bold and dark!