Honored Contributor

Re: another rinna tsv.seriously

I first ordered the beautiful shades of Green............Then, after seeing Amy in the Charcoal and how it looked with a black skirt, I also ordered the Charcoal. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@fff11 wrote:

@deedledeedeedle wrote:

Can't the brass at QVC find a more pleasant celebrity to hawk their wares?

dee

Lisa Rinna seems to be very pleasant. Today's TSV looks lovely. If it were a little longer, I would have purchased it.

google is your friend and a useful tool...if you wonder about some of our strong opinions

Valued Contributor

I didn't mind her Housewives behavior so much-it's a reality show and they are paid to make fake-drama. That's what people tune in to see. I don't get it, personally and never watch reality shows, but she's getting paid to do a job and as disagreeable as it is to me, I know some folks love it.

The Halloween costume, however, especially in light of what happened to Paula Deen, is shocking to me. I can't even fathom for a second why QVC would allow this unrepentent, ignorant person to continue to sell products on air. I guess the Q is ok with intolerance to certain groups of people, either that or we haven't made enough of a stink.

I also struggle with supposed "celebrity" fashions. It's just a thing with me. I feel the same way with Iman, G by Giuliana and Serena on HSN too. As lovely as the clothes may be, I just can't get past the fact that the celebrity isn't a legitimate fashion designer. Ultimately, if the design is super cute and well-priced, I will probably buy it, anyway, but the celebrity label does give me pause. GILI is another one, (plus they are SO expensive!) I just can't get past the fact that LR came up with that label and she was a host. Again, it wouldn't stop me if the price was right, but I would definitely hesitate. I guess I'm a label snob.

Another issue (because I live on the east coast,) is that California style is such a thing.  At first, "Hot In Hollywood" bugged me at a philosophical level, just because I've always heard  (and believed) that New York, Paris, and Milan are the fashion epicenters of the world, not LA. I know I'm wrong for feeling this way, and I'm sure there are very stylish folks from California, but I confess, it's a deep rooted bias of mine. Anyway, I don't generally care for what I've seen of "California" fashion, including Lisa Rinna's stuff.  PS-I have since changed my tune on Hot in Hollywood, because everyone who has bought their jeans has raved over them. I just wish my size would be available, in petite. Would love to try them.

Regular Contributor

I didn't buy the top for that reason.  I wasn't thinking of the bra strap, I was thinking of the bottom of the bra.   some openings looked bigger than the others.  If it would have just been plain on the back and front, I would have tried a couple of them.

Regular Contributor

Same with me.  Ordered a lightweight sweater from her a few years ago.  Wore it one time.  Followed the washing instructions and I never put any tops, blouses or sweaters in the dryer - it shrunk so bad I think a 6 year old could have worn it.  A lot of money the drain.  That was enough for me right there.  My sister orders but has to size down two sizes because her line runs so big.