Super Contributor

Re: ZTE Android Tracfone Activation

@MKR14 wrote:

Activated the Tracfone for my husband and it took an hour to port everything over. It took a little longer to activate as I had to shut each phone off and on while doing so. It ported all his old minutes and the ones that came on it from HSN.

I did end up using the number on the HSN card. No problem. I am not sure if my husband won't get frustrated figuring it out as he has never used any Android based electronics before. If in a week he is still frustrated I will get a new Sim card for his old Tracfone and transfer his number back. He knows change isn't always all bad. The phone itself took a while after it activated as the CS Rep made sure it got calls, you could make calls, the camera worked and you knew how to send a photo attachment and messaging all worked. I set-up a Google Account for him if I needed to put an App on it. I did download the Tracfone App as you had to go online to get your minutes,text, and data. All in all he probably will like it in a few days. He doesn't use the computer or iPads so this is new for him. Smiley Happy 

@MKR14 We greatly appreciate your effort for letting us know that your husband's phone has been activated successfully. Feedback from our customer is very important to us. We are glad that all remaining benefits from the old phone were transferred successfully to the new phone. Thanks. ^Tiffany

Respected Contributor

Here's an update. My husband got so stressed over using this phone that I called Tracfone and needed a new SIMS card for his old one so I can transfer back over to it. Even with my help he couldn't handle all the buttons on it. Well when he was gone today I put all his Contacts in it, took all the Icons except the Phone and Contacts off the main screen so that is all he has to use, I figured out how to talk the text and phone people as well as typing and showed him when he got home. He said, "I could do that." His SIM card came today and it only took three days to get it. Thank you Tracfone. I put the SIM card and the old phone up just in case. So the moral of the story is not all people are meant for this phone but if you can make it simple for them and the phone sturdy and nice-hang in there like I did. 👍

Respected Contributor

Here's an update. My husband got so stressed over using this phone that I called Tracfone and needed a new SIMS card for his old one so I can transfer back over to it. Even with my help he couldn't handle all the buttons on it. Well when he was gone today I put all his Contacts in it, took all the Icons except the Phone and Contacts off the main screen so that is all he has to use, I figured out how to talk the text and phone people as well as typing and showed him when he got home. He said, "I could do that." His SIM card came today and it only took three days to get it. Thank you Tracfone. I put the SIM card and the old phone up just in case. So the moral of the story is not all people are meant for this phone but if you can make it simple for them and the phone is sturdy and nice-hang in there like I did. 👍

Esteemed Contributor

• I brought a new smart phone as well from AT&T .. that said I needed a "passcode" to speak with them. I had to do it though the phone. Which was very difficult and stressful for me. I am no stranger to these devices. I finally figured out for myself what they wanted if I posted it to all of you .. you would not believe it. Anyway with all these user names ... passwords and ID numbers and now pass codes. This has really gotten ridiculous already. With all technology out there you would think they would devise a action so we would not have to have all these pin numbers and passwords... anyway , have a nice day and thanks for letting me vent everybody.:womanfrustrated
Honored Contributor

I purchased the TracFone TSV in October, 2016.  (LG xstyle)  I am having so much trouble to learn how to use it.  I called the TracFone number mentioned above and was told I need to call QVC.  I am just not cell phone oriented.  This is my third cell phone and I only use them for emergencies, but now would like to be more adept with it.  I even ordered "Android Phones" for Dummies" from Amazon and I'm still lost.  Any suggestions for an easy tutorial online or elsewhere?  Thanks.  

Super Contributor

@Daysdee - I don't have a TracFone but do have an Android. Each time I've upgraded, I just buy the same phone that my brother has. That way he can help me with stuff I can't figure out☺.

My best advice to you is just pick 1-2 of the most important features to YOU to focus on learning. If your priority is making phone calls, then start with that. Or, maybe it is texting. Then gradually move on to another 1-2 features (camera, downloading Apps, etc). Maybe that will help you not feel so overwhelmed. Good luck & have fun playing around with your phone!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee Google your phone and model online and word it as this:

Looking for Tutorial for Tracfone (then put your model in) and look at what comes up. 

The Tutorial will list what you need help with for your model on the left side and will actually walk you through step by step lighting up what buttons to push. Then you push the same one on yours. Then push the one on the Tutorial to go on to the next step. It is a great way to learn right on your phone with it. Hope this helps. Any Tracfone that are newer ones over the last few years I have been able to come up.

There are videos on YouTube on their phone also

I did that with my husband's new ZTE Cymbal Tracfone. Smiley Happy