Honored Contributor

Re: Your Thoughts on these Berkshire Set of 2 Throws - Upcoming TSV

I agree with @Blackcatmom  ...they are thin. I prefer Berkshire 'fluffy' blankets. We got a 3 of them 2-3 years ago...velvet/plush-like on one side and fluffy on the other.

Super Contributor

I have purchased several sets of the Berkshire velvet throws and given them as gifts. Several of the recipients were older folks that were always feeling cold.  They loved them! They are lightweight yet quite warm.

One gentleman would not travel without "his blanket" that I had gifted him.  His son and he went on a trip and he forgot the throw. Even though they were more than a half hour away, the son had to turn around and get it. 

Respected Contributor

@janeec wrote:

I have purchased several sets of the Berkshire velvet throws and given them as gifts. Several of the recipients were older folks that were always feeling cold.  They loved them! They are lightweight yet quite warm.

One gentleman would not travel without "his blanket" that I had gifted him.  His son and he went on a trip and he forgot the throw. Even though they were more than a half hour away, the son had to turn around and get it. 

@janeec ....I love this story and I know they were grateful for the throws you gifted them.  Thanks for your input on the velvet Berkshire throws....I'm getting them.

Trusted Contributor

ordered these for my mom for xmas. i wanted to get myself a set too, but i have alot of throws. i got her the light pink set. so pretty

Honored Contributor

is there a HomeGoods or Marshalls near you they are filled  with them  you can see exactly what you get

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree, I've seen these at TJ Maxx and may be better to buy in person but I have bought 3 different ones this season from QVC.  All of them were free shipping and at reduced prices so were a deal.  Two of them I really like (a fair isle sherpa - now sold out) and wish I would have bought for myself but they're gifts for others.  The other is just okay quality - nothing special - other than the print which is Snoopy (and adorbale and not something I've seen out in retail) and for my dog.

Honored Contributor

I just rec'd the Berkshire set of 2 solid and tipped fluffie throws.  They are fabulous. They are thick and lush.  They do not shed at all.  As soon as I rec'd them I washed them both.  There was very, very little lint in my dryer, nothing in the washer and nothing was on the floor when I took them out of the package.  DH and I have both used them a number of times and liked them.  They aren't too slippery, they aren't cold and there has been no shedding on my furniture or on us.

That being said, I was in Sam's Club over the weekend.  They have oversized throws for $9.98.  I believe they are from Member's Mark and I think they are 60x72 or 60x80.  I saw them in the most recent sales book I rec'd but I didn't feel them when I was in the store because I had already rec'd what I ordered from QVC.  I cannot tell you how they compare but if you are out and about and have a Sam's membership, it might be worth looking.       

Honored Contributor

Please don't use fabric softeners of any kind.

Folks 'around here' in my area look at me as though I am a little 'off' when I advise them whenever I gift to them. 

My area is fabric softener and dryer sheets country........

You cannot change their minds. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Frequent Contributor

I like the fluffies a lot better than the velvet soft. Btw I do have both kinds.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Please don't use fabric softeners of any kind.

Folks 'around here' in my area look at me as though I am a little 'off' when I advise them whenever I gift to them. 

My area is fabric softener and dryer sheets country........

You cannot change their minds. 

ick