Super Contributor

Your Thoughts on Square Trade (for the Dyson TSV)

I usually don't buy extended warranty type programs, but there are a couple of reviews on the Dyson TSV where the battery no longer holds a charge, even with a new battery, and of course this happens after the warranty ends.

I am considering buying today's Dyson TSV, but am wondering if the Square Trade would be worth it.  I realize that with nearly every appliance there are always a few people that have bad luck, but in case the battery issue is common in this model, I thought I'd check out Square Trade.

Please let me know your thoughts and if you've had experience with Square Trade.  

Thank you very much!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Your Thoughts on Square Trade (for the Dyson TSV)

Anything Dyson is,way toooo  EXPENSIVE !!!!  imo

Trusted Contributor

I"d love to get one, but very expensive. I got a Shark 3 yrs ago and i love it. I spent a little over 200 when it was a tsv, and i thought that was alot. Maybe one day i will get one. Love my shark, but i want to see if the Dyson is any better. I have no pets and i live alone. so my shark is good for me.

Respected Contributor

I've had one experience with Square Trade and it was excellent.

I bought a carpet cleaner from Sam's Club and bought the Square Trade warranty.  Well......the carpet cleaner leaked water after using it three times.  I called Square Trade to ask them where to take the carpet cleaner to get it fixed.  They told me to just keep the machine and do whatever with it, but they refunded the full price of the machine to me as well.

Respected Contributor

I spend $450 on a Dyson and $200 on a Sharke.   I much prefer the Sharke.

Esteemed Contributor

No idea on square trade and no idea which Dyson this was, but I am with the others, I love my Sharkes.  

Super Contributor

@Northern Belle 2  Though I did not purchase an extended warranty, the battery on my Dyson V6 did go out shortly after the regular two year warranty ended.  Wouldn't you know ... it was also in the midst of the shutdown last spring, so truthfullly I had challenges reaching anyone in customer service at Dyson.  I eventually did reach someone and they were wonderful.  They sent me a replacement ... even though the warranty period had passed.  I received the replacement quickly and now my Dyson V6 is as good as new. 

I am going to bring my V6 to my office and I purchased the TSV to have at home.  I am a very happy Dyson client. 

Honored Contributor

We have the Square Trade warranty on our cell phones but thank goodness, we've never had to use it so I have no experience.   

Trusted Contributor

In general Square Trade and other warranties are NOT a good deal and are NOT worth the price.   These warranties are never recommended.  They are a money maker for the seller and not inteded to offer you any real benefit.

I don't know that the Square Trade warranty offered on the Dyson was but I was offered one for $10 per month on my cell phone.  The $120 per year wasn't worth it.  I have had a screen replaced on a cell phone for $100 - making that warranty more costly especially considering I would still have to pay a co-pay to use the service.