Esteemed Contributor

YOUR TAKES ON THE BISSELL TSV

Thinking of purchasing the Bissell Pro Heat carpet cleaner.  

My last Bissell that recently fell apart - the pin fell out while I was cleaning and also lost the plug - but, it got many years of use out of it so can't complain.  The only problem with the old model is the weight and I found it a #itch to clean the machine after each use.

So, was wondering if anyone has a newer model - or today's tsv - and, if you're pleased with the weight, carpet cleaning and actual machine clean up afterwards.  Would appreciate your advice.

Respected Contributor

Re: YOUR TAKES ON THE BISSELL TSV

Its only 18#, mainly plastic except for the motor.  

Target has this one for $249 but they also have a bissell carpet cleaner for $99 (12#) with great reviews.

Target doesn't give you the extra's the Q gives but do you need all those extra's?

I'm a simple person, I would go with the $99 and a couple bottles of cleaner but if you need that, it's nice to have that included in the deal.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered it for my downstairs area rugs and for the attachment that does the stairs.  I already have an older one that cost more than this and I keep that one upstairs.  With pets, a Bissell is a necessity in my home, but they are too heavy to carry up and down the stairs.  

This is a great price.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I looked it up and this carpet cleaner is 18 pounds. Not sure how that compares to your old cleaner.

I do not own this carpet cleaner. I must admit I have a Hoover and I am very pleased with it. I bought it several years ago. BUT I did want to mention. Our Collie Rescue group has an annual picnic. It gives everyone a chance to keep track of the dogs and people and see how everyone is doing. There is always a silent auction. And the Bissell Company comes through every year and donates one of the new model cleaners. 

The President of Collie Rescue said the Bissell Company has always been generous to the group. He also mentioned he calls Proctor and Gamble every year and asks for any Swiffer donation. And every year is turned down. 

But it seems like every model is an improvement of past models. Good Luck whatever you decide.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla

Thanx for your input.  I was looking on amazonsmile and the Q's price is better!

But, what really impressed me is what I saw on the other site -  that Bissell supports rescues!!!  Hoover's a great product also, I am sure, but the animal rescue donations is what really swinging me their way!

I've got the big old green one so I'm sure this model is lighter and much easier to clean.

Thanx!

Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl

You're right, I also checked and found that QVC had an $8+ difference on the five-easy pay than amazonsmile!  And, like that they're providing the rinse tray which the other site does not.

Your idea about keeping a second one on-hand is a terrific idea!  I could keep my old one downstairs in the playroom - got a large sissel rug down there and dirt sticks between the layers - a carpet cleaner might work!

Thanx again!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx. @Just Bling.

I'll check out Target's site.  Already have plenty of Bissell cleaners on hand!